preparing for the Trayvon Martin riots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preparing for the Trayvon Martin riots

I don't want this thread to be about the details of what happened in Sanford that night. The lawyers and/or courts will end up coming up with a determination on that. I do think that it will come to a conclusion that is pretty close to the truth.

I think the truth is that Zimmerman caught a thug who was up to no good skulking around in his neighborhood. Z followed T around, Z lost T and decided to go back to his car.. T confronted Z, Z didn't back down and T jumped Z and started beating the fat man's butt. Z panicked when T saw Z's gun and went for it. Z shot T and here we are.

I think that when the truth is verified by the authorities, the usual suspects will come out of the woodwork like roaches and start rioting like LA after the Rodney King incident.

I live in Florida about 100 miles from the community that is ground zero for the potential unrest. I think that it won't be limited to that area though. I suspect that opportunistic race baiters, in a cooperative effort with the Leftist media, will incite riots and/or isolated attacks on Whites and/or Hispanics.

Increasingly, these sort of attacks by angry mobs are occurring more and more often, even with no provocation.

So what can we do to avoid being caught up in an event like this? There are a few obvious answers

1) Avoid going into an area with large minority populations during a period of likely unrest.
    OK, I know that sounds like racial profiling, but here's the truth, certain subcultures are more likely to occur in areas that contain certain demographics. If you are concerned about being attacked by a black mob, avoid blacks. 50 years ago when Blacks were concerned about getting attacked by white mobs and lynched, they stayed out of white neighborhoods to stay safe. It's common sense. In order to stay out of those neighborhoods, know where they are, keep a good map and or GPS with you, and plan your routes and alternate routes in advance.

2) Stay informed during the day to be aware of potential violence as it develops.
    Listen to the radio. satellite radio is cool, but you can't hear local updates on it. a mix CD is nice, but you are completely cut off from the world while it is playing. If your favorite radio station plays canned music with no DJs or inturuptions you have no chance of getting a news flash about riots in the bad part of town. If Reginald Denny would have had a radio he would have known to avoid the area he was attacked at, or at the very least, known not to stop for any circumstances.

3) Be a less inviting target.
    In the case of a riot, that means to avoid the grey man concept and instead look like as hard of a target as you can. Rioters are opportunistic cowards, they won't come after a redneck in a truck that theu think can run them over, they'll target a softer target.

4) Be prepared to break contact and/or defend yourself.
    That means to be armed or have access to a weapon (even if only improvised) at all times. I don't usually carry a concealed weapon, but I almost always have one in my vehicle, I always have a loaded weapon in my house (usually a few) and don't answer the door after dark without one.

Re: preparing for the Trayvon Martin riots

Here's a link to some educated thinkers discussing the preparation for a race war:

http://content.bitsontherun.com/prev...tL0Mn-dh3Zgtip

Last edited by AKrazy; April 9, 2012, 15:00.
    It's all fun and eyes until someone looses a game!

You can't spell MEAN without ME!

Comment

I would add that if you find yourself in a situation where your vehicle is surrounded and you can't move forward or in any other situation where your mobility is threatened, be mentally prepared to ditch your vehicle or any other valuable personal items that may keep you down, even abandoning your apartment for looters...this can be hard to do if you don't prepare for it, but it's always better to escape with your life than die protecting something you can replace with money.
      "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

Originally posted by m92s View Post
        I would add that if you find yourself in a situation where your vehicle is surrounded and you can't move forward or in any other situation where your mobility is threatened, be mentally prepared to ditch your vehicle or any other valuable personal items that may keep you down, even abandoning your apartment for looters...this can be hard to do if you don't prepare for it, but it's always better to escape with your life than die protecting something you can replace with money.

I would LOVE my vehicle to be surrounded by threatening mobs of people I don't care about! Put it in 4 low and put my foot in it and see how many rioters it takes to stop my truck. I wonder how many people it would actually take to stop a vehicle. Say, half ton chevy with a V8 and some 38" mud tires... Could a group of humans stop a truck?

It's all fun and eyes until someone looses a game!

You can't spell MEAN without ME!

Comment

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...onal-attention

This happened in my hometown. a group of blacks beat down a white teen while they were blathering about Trayvon.

Comment

This is apparently not exactly a one sided thing. I just read a news report out of Oklahoma where it looked like someone was going around randomly shooting blacks a couple mornings ago.

There is a little bit of political organizing going on here to diffuse anything if anything starts to heat up. I doubt we are going to be having any problems in the Portland area, but I am committed to de-escalating things if at all possible.

On that whole thing of abandoning property to looters. I don't think that would be an option no matter what. That's where it gets personal, and personal issues trump race issues. Anyone screwing with the safety of my home is putting their life at risk, and I am an equal opportunity payback is a beotch type of guy when it comes to that. Badges, do-rags, gang colors, don't matter. Violate my home, that's game on, if not on the spot, then later on different terms.

I have Black neighbors, we get along just fine and I plan on doing my part to keep it that way. Call it the neighborhood mutual defense pact, even applies to the bikers down the street. We loosely go over that a couple times a year at the neighborhood block parties, even somewhat tolerating the cop who lives two streets over since he does not appear to be screwing with anybody. Everybody has figured out by now that I am not here to victimize anybody, although some of the white neighbors seem to have been a bit less sociable due to me probably fitting their idea of a profile.
            Last edited by RT; April 10, 2012, 21:34.
            Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

People who have common sense, are ex-military, ex-police or have taken FEMA courses know to plan ahead of trouble. Trouble can strike at any time. Most of us just plan ahead and hope that we don't have to do anything. But the key difference is that some of us will or may be forced to take action at some time in the future. If not sooner then maybe years down the road. It does not hurt to plan ahead, be aware of your surroundings or stay alert. It is a basic survival skill or instinct in some of us, nothing more than that.

Comment

another one:
                http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/100-black...buries-attack/

Comment

I am in a wierd mix of situations. I live ans work in an a city thats " diverse!( I hate that word! ).40-60 hrs a week, I am carrying the company gear( armed guard,.40 G23,40 rds,OC, baton).The rest of the time, a G17, or an M57& a large folder,......I get along with most people, most of the rime.
                  OTOH, some of you know that I was almost in RT's boat a couple of times( no firearms / NFA charges though).And despite licensing and clearances ( job requirement) I currently and routinely get denied on NICS transfers...so my " resupply / acquisition " stays outaide of FFLs until the lawyer succeeds.
                  I am not so much a " grey man"( although I am low profile) but a " hard target in a grey area).
                  Of all my neighbors, I probably get along mostly with the Mexicans and the two or three patcholder types - most of the other whites run a little " gutless& nutless welfare sucklings"," squish liberal";or crackheads....city seems to run 40% white,40% brown &20% black.Of that, 8-10% would cause trouble,4-5% would BE trouble to anyone near and " unwilling / unable" to fight.
                  Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/wave-of-b...lizing-whites/

Comment

Oh, they can pull that
                      ...I don' t mind being the next " white hispanic"..... just call me an avatar of St Darwin .....
                      Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

This is a legitimate concern especially with me living less than 50 miles from Ground Zero.

After years of preaching that properly trained gunslingers dont need Hi-Cap guns, I went out and bought one just because I kept reading about confrontations with 10 or more adversaries turning ugly for solo white guys who got caught in the wrong place.

If Geo Zimmerman doesnt get what they think is proper punishment (Think death penalty) there will be riots on a scale of Rodney King or worse!

Comment

Yeah, funny thing about that- the troublemaker types are always going on about how tough& bada$$ they are, & how " crackers are scared punks"; yet I' ve maybe seen 1 out of 20 confrontations where they didn't jump with less than a 10-1 advantage ...........so much for being " fighters"....
                          Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Only 4:1 here...
                            http://www.wtsp.com/news/photo-galle...storyid=255307

I keep thinking about how Muslims declared war on the USA in the 90's but no one noticed until sept 11, 2001.

What will it take before this country realizes that a sizable subculture of this country is at war against people that don't look like them?

Thomas sowell wrote this piece after I first wrote this post:
                            http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...thomas-sowell#
                            He hits the nail on the head, I edited this post to add the link.
                            Last edited by ISC; May 15, 2012, 15:43.

Comment

Working...
                            X