purchasing weapons without paper trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: purchasing weapons without paper trails

If the time comes and "they" come to pick up firearms, and you are not in their sights, you weren't doing your job before the ban.
    The government should suspect that you are a firearms owner if you are one. If they can't tell, that is your fault.
    Pretty much in my neck of the woods, we are all gun owners so the government doesn't have to look on a list, they might as well hit each house. And on probably half the houses, they better have backup. On the other half, they didn't retrieve every firearm - the owners are just awaiting a better opportunity.
    This business of hiding the fact that you legally purchased a firearm, just doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by GD View Post
      If the time comes and "they" come to pick up firearms, and you are not in their sights, you weren't doing your job before the ban.
      The government should suspect that you are a firearms owner if you are one. If they can't tell, that is your fault.
      Pretty much in my neck of the woods, we are all gun owners so the government doesn't have to look on a list, they might as well hit each house. And on probably half the houses, they better have backup. On the other half, they didn't retrieve every firearm - the owners are just awaiting a better opportunity.
      This business of hiding the fact that you legally purchased a firearm, just doesn't sit well with me.
      That's my old neigborhood where the feds were afraid to stay after dark unless they knew their cover was not blown. It seems that their fear of the population seems to coincide with the known distribution of automatic weapons and NV gear...

Thing is, the level of research necessary for finding out who has what goes up a lot when there is not a reliable computer trail, and then there is the paper trail. The smart strategy for a lot of people is to have some junk to turn in or allow to "get confiscated" while you retain some off the books stuff on the side, but if nothing is papered to begin with, you are that much ahead of the enemy intel game.

I had a high profile and got burned, but then again, in my neck of the woods, the feds also had to burn the identities of a lot of informants in order to get something to stick, and they were mighty pissed that I gleaned the names of over 40 agents out of the court documents, the locations of two of their "secret headquarters" and other previously restricted information. That's another story, and yeah, I got singled out as a "leader" but the intel burn the feds had to do was arguably not worth it for them.

The feds and their local LE lackeys call private transfers "gun laundering", well whatever they call it, the benefit is they lose intel value from the records they illegally keep as time goes on. Any oppressor has to consider the population density of potentially hostile individuals and weapon distribution among them before taking action. If you trade guns privately, you increase their calculated risk factors and the potential costs of oppression. That may or may not make you more operationally capable, but that is where you can constantly argue the utility of secret arsenals that remain mission capable during oppression vs openly held arsenals which serve as a deterrent to oppression.

Thing is, if you go entirely the deterrent route, and you get singled out the way I did, then the enemy will know to run a massive intel operation against you before making their move, and then clean you out the way they did with me.
      Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

You can always trade or barter with other non firearms commodities I always read in the Prospector paper where people are are wanting to trade guns for cars, tools, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by GD View Post

It doesn't sit well with me either.
          [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Right now its all I can do.Besides, they can go pound sand if they think I will hold off until they unsnarl my situation. What? I can own and carry to protect THEM but not buy like an actual citizen? I can ride the bus as long as I stay in the back? To hell with them and theirs.I don't like them, respect them; or care about their well being- why should I care about their opinion?
            Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Oops, I did it again:-)... PPS43c,8 mags,200 rounds Polish& Czech ammo, parts kit...$600.00.
              And another off paper tool goes into the box.
              Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Get some extra ammo for it and bury the whole package.

I really regret having a gun safe full of stuff that was so easy to take and wish I had taken a whole lot more of my own advice on burying complete packages of guns, ammo and mags that could be recovered when the need arises. Don't miss the opportunity to put in a few "time capsules of freedom", they will be priceless in the future. Even the threat of them will give certain kinds of enemies pause, but if they think you got everything at home in the gun safe, that is exactly what they will go after.

Comment

Always a good idea to have caches in different locales.I already do.
                  I figure if it goes bad quickly, I' ll be making a wide looping run due tk various family & friendship connections.I can make a fight of it on the fly, and anyone dumb enough to try and.follow.me into an area I have already " paced, prepped; done the range card" won't be making it to the end of the shift.
                  And yes, my preparations include ammo.I consider myself a fairly nice guy, but I DO have an inclination towards decisive resolution.... and a mid- depth mean streak.
                  Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

At one time, I had around 80,000 rounds of ammo at my house, and going up by around 10% per month as I was wholesaling to local volume shooters and gun shops (at that time, a case of just about any caliber of Wolf ammo was under $100 per case if bought in person direct from a distributor at a gun show).

The feds trucked it off and then since even on those old prices, the value was above what they normally took on a forfeiture case so it went to a local gun shop in trade for gold and silver coins, which my dad lived on for several years as that went up in value too, but not a day goes by where I don't wish I had buried a few cases of ammo in safe places spread out. Not just leaving at someone's house, but actually putting in water tight containers and burying somewhere.

Right now, two cases of any appropriate caliber ammo will get you one good rifle in that caliber in trade, easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X