Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEOTWAWKI: A Tale Of BoB and Two Nines

My Bug-out Bag:
    My personal BoB is a system for Survival/Evasion. A little something to help me to get to a place of safety in a crisis. The Condor Hydration Pack is the basis for carrying the basics that I will need. Water/Water Purification Tablets, Basic First Aid, Food, Fire Making, Lightweight Poncho for Rain/Shelter, a GI Casualty Blanket, Extra Ammo, Small Field Cleaning Kit for the Pistol and Carbine, Fishing Kit, etc.
    Water is the most important thing in a Survival Situation. One cannot live long without it. Food is a Morale/Comfort item. One can actually go a couple of weeks without it with no ill effects unless one has a medical condition that demands it. There's three days of rations in there.
    Basic First Aid should not only include a basic first aid kit, but any medications that one might be on whether prescription or OTC.
    The GI Casualty Blanket is an interesting item. It is like a super space blanket but it is Olive Drab on one side instead of Reflective Silver on both sides. This item will not only help keep you warm, or help provide emergency shelter, it will help hide you from such technological wonders as Thermal Imaging, and Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) if you get completely under it
    Defense:
    In the Frontier Days of this nation, Ranchers, Cowboys, Farmers were blessed to have Rifles and Carbines that shot the same Ammo as their Handguns thanks to companies such as Winchester and their Lever Action Rifles and Colt making the Revolvers.
    I like this concept of having a Carbine/Handgun Combination for Survival scenarios. Though a Pistol Caliber Carbine would not be my first choice for general fighting in a war, it makes sense to me to have this available for Survival/Evasion and having something a bit "more" in the Trunk or Truck should the SHTF. A "Duty-sized" Handgun is generally good for defense at 25 or maybe 50 Yards, whereas a Pistol Caliber Carbine is good for 150 Yards or more. This is why many Firearms Trainers recommend a Pistol Caliber Carbine for use as an "Urban Rifle" or Home Defender.
    The Weapons that I have chosen are a KelTec Sub 2000 9MM Carbine (S2K) to go along with my Springfield Armory XD9 Pistol. The thing that I love about the S2K is that it has not only proven to be reliable and it's very lightweight, it Folds to just 16 Inches which makes it both easlily packable and it will conceal easily under most knee length coats.
    Here are a few pics of my BoB System:

S2K Folded on top of Pack:

Will it fit in that lil Pack?

Blessings!!!
    CR ><>
    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. (Prov. 22:3 & 27:12)

Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death. (Prov. 11:4)

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter. (Prov. 25:2)
    The WAY Of The WARRIOR Is This: To Know GOD, To Listen For HIS Voice, To Walk In HIS Ways, To Provide For Your Family And Friends, To Preserve Our Heritage, To Protect Our People.
    Resistance is NOT futile, it is MANDATORY!!!

Re: TEOTWAWKI: A Tale Of BoB and Two Nines

What magazines does the Keltec use? Can you use the same magazines as the XD? Good get me home set up.
    "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
    [URL]http://survivalblog.com[/URL]
    MOLON LABE!
    AC0XV

Comment

This one uses Glock 17 Mags. I like the feel of the XD9 alot more than the Glock 17 so, Ammo interchangability was more important to me than Mag interchangability.

Thanks!

CR ><>
      The WAY Of The WARRIOR Is This: To Know GOD, To Listen For HIS Voice, To Walk In HIS Ways, To Provide For Your Family And Friends, To Preserve Our Heritage, To Protect Our People.
      Resistance is NOT futile, it is MANDATORY!!!

Comment

I think that is a "Smart" setup. When you present a threat to others you die at a distance before you ever know who shot you and why. When people think you are just 'Passing Through' most of the time unless you are somewhere you should not be they will leave you alone.

Keeping the ammo the same is also a great idea. I often wonder about the thought process of having multiple weapons with different calibers when one may be enough.

One thing if I may?

I notice it seems like just about every "Survival Kit" has some kind of 'Fishing Gear', I often laugh because in many cases it is a time waster when other game can be harvested with ease.

My kit has something few do, instead of a fishing kit I picked a hand crank generator. This is useful for recharging batteries, providing light and anything you can use current for. Heck stick two probes into the soft moist ground and turn the crank and worms come to the top, great for an actual fishing pole to use as bait. If you are hungry worms are enough good for food too.

Comment

very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2If I am going tovery nearly as "powvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 bullets have so much subsonicvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2erful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 lugthe M4, the SS 223 being very very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads very very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 of the ammo being subsonic around a longarm, it isvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 not going to be handicapped by chambering a feeble pistol rd. I'd only considersubsonic loads can very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2such a thingvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 if it was "wearing" a suppressor and I had about 1/2 of the very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2ammo being subsonic.

Sincevery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2had about 1/2 lugballistic of vevery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2ry nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2the ammo being lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic loads can be If I am going to lugballistic coefficient, they make the around a longarm, it is not going to be handicapped by chambering a feeble pisvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and sincelugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2tol rd. I'd only consider such a thing if it was had for the 223, I see no reason to not go with the M4, the SS 223 being very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have ballistic coefficient, they make the so much better ballistic coefficient, they make the necessary brain hits a lot more like 125 yd capable than the lugballistic 60 yds or so possible with SSballistic coefficient, they makelugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic the 9mm's.

The M4 can have lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic a scope mounted on it, with retvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2urn to zero lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic mount and "see thru" bases. That means that the "normal range" wing of the peep sight can be set for 40 yds, the long range wing set for 80 yds, and the scope set for 120 yds, with the subsonic loads, of course. Then, all you need is a rangefinder or accurate perception of range by "eyeball", and very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic coefficienthad about 1/2you can count on getting a brain hit. Given the marginal levels of power of subsoniclugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic ammo, chevery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so muchsubsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2st hits are likely to let the enemy scream a lot, or firelugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic some shots, and if such occur, there went the "advantage"lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic of subsonic loads, very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic /2right?lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere View Post
            If I am going to lug around a longarm, it is not going to be handicapped by chambering a feeble pistol rd. I'd only consider such a thing if it was "wearing" a suppressor and I had about 1/2 of the ammo being subsonic.

Since 127 gr subsonic loads can be had for the 223, I see no reason to not go with the M4, the SS 223 being very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much better ballistic coefficient, they make the necessary brain hits a lot more like 125 yd capable than the 60 yds or so possible with SS 9mm's.

The M4 can have a scope mounted on it, with return to zero mount and "see thru" bases. That means that the "normal range" wing of the peep sight can be set for 40 yds, the long range wing set for 80 yds, and the scope set for 120 yds, with the subsonic loads, of course. Then, all you need is a rangefinder or accurate perception of range by "eyeball", and you can count on getting a brain hit. Given the marginal levels of power of subsonic ammo, chest hits are likely to let the enemy scream a lot, or fire some shots, and if such occur, there went the "advantage" of subsonic loads, right?
            Don't forget the 'can!'

RR
            Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Ot the wheelbarrow..
              Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
              Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

Also, way to necro a post and take it off topic in one fell swoop
                "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

Only idiots want noise and flash in a shtf gun.

Comment

Only idiots want noise and flash in a shtf gun.
                    Thus the recommendation for a cork gun. No flash, little noise. You may be on to something there.

RR
                    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

yeah, you'll THINK " cork gun" if a good 223 softpoint ever hits you anyplace other than maybe your earlobe.

Comment

yeah, you'll THINK " cork gun" if a good 223 softpoint ever hits you anyplace other than maybe your earlobe.

So tell me why so many .223's come with flash suppressors....all flash!

I'll tell you what, lets fire at each other at 600 yards on a nice windy day, you with your .223, me with my WW II 30.06, and see who survives. Hmmmm?

Not saying you won't hit me, but who is more likely to survive if we were BOTH to hit each other? Which in the conditions stated there is probably less likelihood of you hitting me in the first place.
                        Last edited by gandog56; February 19th, 2013, 15:22.

Comment

very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2If I am going tovery nearly as "powvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 bullets have so much subsonicvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2erful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 lugthe M4, the SS 223 being very very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads very very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 of the ammo being subsonic around a longarm, it isvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 not going to be handicapped by chambering a feeble pistol rd. I'd only considersubsonic loads can very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2such a thingvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2 if it was "wearing" a suppressor and I had about 1/2 of the very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2ammo being subsonic.

Sincevery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2had about 1/2 lugballistic of vevery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2ry nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2the ammo being lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic loads can be If I am going to lugballistic coefficient, they make the around a longarm, it is not going to be handicapped by chambering a feeble pisvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and sincelugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2tol rd. I'd only consider such a thing if it was had for the 223, I see no reason to not go with the M4, the SS 223 being very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have ballistic coefficient, they make the so much better ballistic coefficient, they make the necessary brain hits a lot more like 125 yd capable than the lugballistic 60 yds or so possible with SSballistic coefficient, they makelugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic the 9mm's.

The M4 can have lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic a scope mounted on it, with retvery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2urn to zero lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic mount and "see thru" bases. That means that the "normal range" wing of the peep sight can be set for 40 yds, the long range wing set for 80 yds, and the scope set for 120 yds, with the subsonic loads, of course. Then, all you need is a rangefinder or accurate perception of range by "eyeball", and very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic coefficienthad about 1/2you can count on getting a brain hit. Given the marginal levels of power of subsoniclugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic ammo, chevery nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so muchsubsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1/2st hits are likely to let the enemy scream a lot, or firelugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic some shots, and if such occur, there went the "advantage"lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic of subsonic loads, very nearly as "powerful" as subsonic 9mm's, and since the 223 bullets have so much subsonic loads can better ballistic coefficienthad about 1lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic /2right?lugballistic subsonic 127 gr subsonic
                          What in the bloody blue hell was that all about???

My head hurts. [img][/img]
                          [FONT=Impact][SIZE=20px]TRUST NO ONE -- QUESTION EVERYTHING [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan M View Post
                            One thing if I may?

I notice it seems like just about every "Survival Kit" has some kind of 'Fishing Gear', I often laugh because in many cases it is a time waster when other game can be harvested with ease.

My kit has something few do, instead of a fishing kit I picked a hand crank generator. This is useful for recharging batteries, providing light and anything you can use current for. Heck stick two probes into the soft moist ground and turn the crank and worms come to the top, great for an actual fishing pole to use as bait. If you are hungry worms are enough good for food too.
                            Alex I'd like some BBQ sauce for 200 please.
                            [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                            X