Some DACH questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some DACH questions

I decided to go multicam and went with a DACH and a hydration carrier. The DACH came with some extra webbing, but I'm not sure how to attach the hydration carrier to the back of the DACH. The DACH looks bomb-proof, better than any TA-50 ever thrown at me. So how do I attach the hydration carrier?
    Kentucky Colonel - Kentucky Proud; NRA Endowment member; GOA Life member...
    Retired Army - PRO PATRIA VIGILANS - Go Signal!

The HSGI hydration carrier attaches by fastex buckles.

If you look at the top of the DACH shoulder straps here, you should see the female fastex buckles:

Here is a top view of it connected:

It also attaches at a lower point, too, though I don't know exactly where. I am sure TimW could tell you.

Edited so as to not steal Gene's or Tim's bandwith.

Comment

The hydration carrier was originally designed for the Warlord, and thus uses the 1" buckles on the bottom to replace the waist-belt of the Warlord.

The DACH uses 2" Scuba webbing for the belt and, therefore, has incompatible buckles.

The extra webbing you speak of was to attach the DACH to a belt..apparently there were/are people who use that as a drop-leg subload at the range. They must have legs like trees....

The shoulder straps for the DACH and the Warlord are the same, which is why there are buckles on the DACH. Basically, you'll need to jury-rig the bottom of the hydration carrier to get it to work with the DACH.

But... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I spoke with Gene @ HSGI. He said there is a piece he makes that is used to attach the hydration carrier to the DACH. He said if you get me your name/address, he'll make and send you one.

Email it to me at info (at) practicaltactical (dot) net and I'll forward it to him for you.

Tim
      [B][URL="http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/%5C%22http://www.assaultvest.com%5C%22"]
      [/URL][/B]

Comment

Thanks, Tim! I thought I was doing something wrong. I'll email you the info.
        Kentucky Colonel - Kentucky Proud; NRA Endowment member; GOA Life member...
        Retired Army - PRO PATRIA VIGILANS - Go Signal!

Comment

Working...
        X