Been thinking on BOB pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been thinking on BOB pistol.

So I've been thinking on what type of pistol would be most practical to keep in a BOB, and I've come to the conclusion that a revolver would probably keep better loaded for longer. No springs compressed and loosing shape during storage. What are your thoughts?

I choose Dan Wesson Revolver with 6" an 4" barel and Pachmyer grips. -.357 handles most things well.
    FAT I\'m not fat, I\'m Tactically Padded

Comment

Whatever handgun you choose you should practice with it anyways from time to time, and clean/lube it even if you don't use it, say if you keep one stored and practice with another, so I wouldn't worry about how it keeps loaded.
      So weather you choose a pistol or a revolver would depend on other factors.
      "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

True. And semi-autos are easier to clean when you fill 'em up with mud.

I'm kind of a revolver guy. Who appreciates semis, also.

Comment

For a dedicated bag or truck gun, I too vote for a revolver, even though my every day carry is a semi.

I'd suggest a .357, ammo is plentiful and .38 can be used if that is all that is available.

Additionally, most folks not familiar with firearms can be brought up to speed rapidly with a revolver if you happen to have to enlist or press into service some sheep.

<///><

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepdog01:
            So I've been thinking on what type of pistol would be most practical to keep in a BOB, and I've come to the conclusion that a revolver would probably keep better loaded for longer. No springs compressed and loosing shape during storage. What are your thoughts?
            My Thoughts:
            You need to stop listening to those people promoting JUNK SCIENCE with regards to their ignorance as to the physics of spring metal fatigue.

Comment

yeah, springs don't wear out from sitting loaded. Any wear comes from the cycle of being loaded and unloaded (like bending a paper clip 100 times)

Comment

I HAVE always looked at the BOB concept of what you grab that COMPLIMENTS what you would already have with you or on you when you hit the door.
                THUSLY
                a .22 pistol with a LOT of ammo will complimant the .45 you are carrying and the BOB will also contain extra mags and ammo for the carry gun.

just my thoughts
                AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.
                God carries a 1911.
                Just another day towards 20...

Comment

What type of .22?? Revolver or semi?? I have an old HR 9-shot but not very accurate.
                  God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I ALWAYS HAd a Ruger .22/45 just because the grip angle is designed to match the 1911 so it has a completely familiar feel.
                    AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.
                    God carries a 1911.
                    Just another day towards 20...

Comment

I keep a Smith and Wesson Sigma SW40VE in a Maxpedition Jumbo shoulder bag behind the seat in my pickup at all times. The Sigma has been totally reliable and plenty accurate enough to do the job. I've only got $300 in it with a total of six 14 round magazines, so if something did happen to it, I can absorb the loss. I also have a Mossberg 500 with an 18.5" Accu-choked barrel with a bunch of shotshells, including number six's, buckshot and slugs, all in another shoulder bag in there too. My truck is rarely parked anywhere that someone could easily do a quick break in so I don't worry all that much.
                      "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
                      The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
                      X