X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A HAIR TIE FOR YOUR LIGHT

A HAIR TIE FOR YOUR TACTICAL LIGHT

Hi guys,
    Many tactical lights come with a lanyard, so you can let go of them while you are reloading or opening doors, etc.

However these long lanyards give the light too much freedom of movement, and sometimes can cause some problems as they can get hang on something or as I saw it happening, colliding the light into your head when trying to clear a stove-pipe jam.

The inexpensive hair tie can be knotted into a light that doesn’t have a point of attachment, so it more practical in all situations.
    Its short length, help to keep more control on your light, and it is very easy to use; one flip of your wrist and the light is in the back of your hand, another flip and is back into your palm.

The pictures show it attached to my thumb (due to my large hands is in my case more comfortable) but it also can be used in the middle finger, or even in the index finger.

Visit your GF or wife and give the hair tie a try.

Cheers
    Black Bear
    www.blackbearflashlights.com

cool idea !
    Don\'t be late, Don\'t be light and Don\'t be last. Most of all, don\'t quit.....

excuse typos,
    Semper Fi,
    Shawn

Comment

Just make sure they are not made in China, they like to recycle rubbers don't you know =

Comment

I teach folks to use this on thier OC so if they go hands on they can retain thier spray.

It's best to use Scunci brand 3/16 round bungee, they even come in tacticool colors. I've tried a few and those work the best over a couple years of testing.

It's hard to tell from the photo but you want to tie a slipknot, not an overhand, this makes a tightening effect on the light or spray when your fingers are in the other bight.

I teach a closer technique, it keeps the light more in control and allows for more manipulations.

This close technique can be used on the 2nd 3d fingers or 1st and 2nd, it can help index the light when using it in conjuction with a handgun. I use a two handed LL shooting technique taught by Defensive Edge and and it really helps, no need to flip the light around while doing immediate action also.

Another bonus is that the bungee can be slipped behind your belt or PALS webbing and back around the object for a low tech way to carry your gear.

The bungees wear out the more you use them, keep up on your PMCS.

CY361

bc

Comment

Cool! I need to get some of those. I've been looking for a good lanyard, as the one that come with Fenix lights doesn't impress me.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X