molle compatable e-tool holder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molle compatable e-tool holder?

i havent seen any of these around...and ive actually looked. i really like e-tools. i cant think of too many things that are as versitile as an e-tool (its not only a shovel, its a weapon, an axe, a crude saw, a hammer, etc.) so i took out a couple malice clips, measured out on the alice e-tool holder and started cutting 1-1/4" X 3/16" slots at one inch increments on the outsides of the alice clip slots. aside from the pain in the @$$ that malice clips inevitably provide especially putting them through rubber, i got it done and i only stabbed myself three times.

anyways, i got it on my pack (no im not one of those guys that straps every piece of equipment i own onto my vest) and it looks great. honestly, it only took about an hour and a half and putting it on the pack was more trouble than actually doing the cuts. does anyone know of an after market holder that i couldve bought that might have saved me this trouble? just curious.

Gerber has come out with one, new to me, no idea about the price though, but I'm sure your way is cheaper [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I've tried cutting a USGI E-tool holder to accept a Fiskars (Gerber) folding shovel (with not so good results), now it seems it was in vain.

Linky to addy
    "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

I believe Eggroll of EGL used to make some. He probably still does, or he could make one on request.

http://www.geardo.com/
      http://www.extremegearlabs.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Comment

i think i would change the dimensions of the slots if i did this again or told someone to do it. id make the slots 1/4" X 1-1/4" and place them every 7/8". i think it would make installing it much easier but i guess thats why some of use like to do this sort of thing; to find out what works and what doesnt.

Comment

Re: molle compatable e-tool holder?

i just got my molle etool holder from diamondback tactical (battlelab) about two weeks ago. its great. i highly recommend the company. it was back ordered but it did eventually show up. great peice.

Comment

Working...
          X