I want a ACOG scope. Someone please talk me out of it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ISC:
    If the question is a generic copy or not having one at all.... Honestly, I expect that if/when I go I'll probably have the aimpoint on more than anything else. The ACOG sounds like it slows down target acquisition too much for short range stuff I'd expect too face IF I go.
    I too have heard this. Good luck over there.

Comment

I have 2 real ACOGs and I bought a clone from 1337 Tactical for my son's rifle. You can tell the difference in optical quality between the real deal and the clone, but the clone works just fine. My buddy has one and has almost 1500 rounds through the rifle that he has his clone on. From 10F-100F and through lots of barometric changes it has held its zero. The only real issue is the adjustments are backwards to how they are shown on the adjustment dials. For the $$ the clone is a good deal. If you are going to stake your life on it I would buy the real deal. On a side note the Leupold clones 1337 Tactical offers work pretty well too.

IDHunt
      The Bill of Rights: Void Where Prohibited by Law

Comment

anyone have a link for the clone?

Comment

ISC,

golddot posted it earlier, but here it is again http://www.1337tactical.com/shop/newsview.php?infoId=5 . If you look under the optics and sights menu it is listed as 4x32 scope with iron backup sights.

IDHunt
          The Bill of Rights: Void Where Prohibited by Law

Comment

Originally posted by 8mm Mauser:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ISC:
            The ACOG sounds like it slows down target acquisition too much for short range stuff I'd expect too face IF I go.
            I too have heard this. Good luck over there. </font>[/QUOTE]I disagree, from personal experience. But MANY people cannot use the ACOG with both eyes open as it was designed. You should try one before you buy. For me, anything past about 8 or 10m is good to go with the standard 4x32 ACOG- still equally fast. But the trick is being able to keep both eyes open, look at your target, and have your brain shift automatically from the weak-side eye to the strong-side eye as the sight is interjected between you and your target. Some folks simply cannot do that, and some others get it fast and natural within one minute of practice.

Comment

Working...
            X