Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the opinion here about the Army's UCP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you need new distributors....no wait, don't. Cuz then you'll cut into my business. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [B][URL="http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/%5C%22http://www.assaultvest.com%5C%22"]
    [/URL][/B]

Comment

US Cavalry will be carrying Multicam gear this fall. I will look for a pack, helmet cover, vest and pouches in multi cam. I don't like the ACU style. The velcro is stupid. ACU pattern is a tad bright, but the guys in my unit hid in the woods were not found wearing ACU's the guys in BDU's were all found.
      [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B]One is missfire, three is gunplay.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Tim you have a cool site. I will be making some purchases soon.
        [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B]One is missfire, three is gunplay.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for your kind words.
          [B][URL="http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/%5C%22http://www.assaultvest.com%5C%22"]
          [/URL][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by TimW:
            Thanks for your kind words.
            [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: What is the opinion here about the Army's UCP?

Personally I think the actual UCP pattern is very effective in urban environments.
              Which is a major part of its use.

Gone are the days of jungle and forest based conflict.
              Not to say that it will never happen again.
              But the UCP pattern is an indication of where the Army sees itself operating in the foreseeable future.

It's all about urban warfare now.

And basic camouflage uniforms aren't intended to completely conceal someone.
              They're just meant to make numbers of men "roughly" blend into their surroundings so it's more difficult to see exactly what you're shooting at.

Urban warfare is a whole new field of discipline that requires an updated school of thought.
              New problems that need fresh perspectives.
              Which means alot of opportunities for people who can think outside the box in terms of technology and tactic.

The IDF is training it's operators in architecture now so they can move through buildings in unorthodox ways.

Personally I find the idea of this new style of warfare very intriguing.

Anyone else?

Comment

anything the IDF does, i try to pay attn to.
                Don\'t be late, Don\'t be light and Don\'t be last. Most of all, don\'t quit.....<br /><br /><br />excuse typos,<br />Semper Fi,<br />Shawn

Comment

Never put on face paint or played Rambo either when it comes to my choice of clothes. Gear bags and guns are another issue.
                  Not even as a kid!?
                  I did that as a kid.
                  Actually it was more like vandalism with the thrill of being chased.

I still own some old woodland BDU's that have white paint splattered on them as I wear them to do chores.
                  A buddy gave me a MARPAT(real MARPAT) set a few years back(shirt and pants).
                  I like how they fit and their durability.
                  But I'm too old to play Rambo now so there's no reason for me to spend cash on a "costume".

All in all, I prefer carharts and general utility clothing.
                  Carharts come in good colors like desert floor.
                  I really like the 'coyote brown' color because it doesn't look military and still retains a measure of concealment if needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X