No announcement yet.

What portable water filter do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What portable water filter do you use?

I have a Pur Scout that is no longer being made, whether filters are still available I don't know. I'm in the market for a replacement filter system, any idea who makes one that works, is easy to maintain and clean? Thanks!
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

MSR Sweetwater purifier system (filter + purifier solution)

MSR MIOX purifier pen (not a filter).

I sell those.

I also have a Katadyn and a PUR Hiker. they all seem to work well.

Comment

Katadyn Hiker.

Bought 3 spare filters when I purchased it, still on the first one.

<///><

Comment

Originally posted by paintballmagnet:
        I have a Pur Scout that is no longer being made, whether filters are still available I don't know. I'm in the market for a replacement filter system, any idea who makes one that works, is easy to maintain and clean? Thanks!
        I have a scout as well. I believe Katadyn purchsed pur and markets the same filter under a different name. I think that I saw it at REI.

Comment

I think you are correct about Katadyn buying out PUR. They do indeed have a filter that fits, but I just realised that spending $40 for a filter only rated to 300 gallons is sort of spendy. I'd like to find one that will filter as much water as possible per filter cost.
          "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
          The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Larger units will filter more water compared to a smaller unit of the same filter makeup.

Generally, filtration is a trade-off for size/weight and filtering capacity. You may need to get a different or larger filter, or give up "fineness" of filtration.

Comment

Sweetwater works well
              have two of them
              with prefilter to keep the filter clean

Comment

Working...
              X