Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by paintballmagnet:
    Jason, Cheaper than Dirt has chest pouches similar to the South Africans you like. Quality is surprisingly good, I just bought two in Marine digital. They might not hold up as well but when one wears out, I'll chunk it and use the other, at less than 20 bucks per, who cares?
    Thanks a lot paintballmagnet.

Leave a comment:

• TimW
    replied
    Originally posted by paintballmagnet:
    at less than 20 bucks per, who cares?
    You might...if it falls apart while you're using it...or relying on it to save your life.

Leave a comment:

• paintballmagnet
    replied
    Jason, Cheaper than Dirt has chest pouches similar to the South Africans you like. Quality is surprisingly good, I just bought two in Marine digital. They might not hold up as well but when one wears out, I'll chunk it and use the other, at less than 20 bucks per, who cares?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This is stictly for use on private property. Not too worried about someone seeing me that would view me as a threat.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I won't question your choices as I have discovered what works well for myself. I don't think my setup will work for you, a Bag where nobody knows what you are carrying and you aren't seen as a threat.

If you are going to hump that rifle please note if you were coming into an area where people might feel threatened you will never hear the shot that dropped you as when someone sees that rifle odds are you will not be warned but shot DRT. That said you will already appear to be a threat so throw on a level IV vest under that tac-gear with all the things you can attach to it because you will have encounters at every turn. Better be able to stop a rifle round at about 600 yards!

You might make it with the shotgun, Since it is less of a threat you may get some warning as others might think you are just trying to harvest game and keep safe, under 50 yards though someone will know you have the edge and again being a threat if you spook them you will get fired on. I recommend using your pockets for extra rounds, better yet carry a small ammo bag that looks like a game pouch or a small cooler few will think you are rambo and you may just make it under their radar.

Don't go walking around in camo gear unless you have a great bolt action rifle and scope. Black tac-gear is just asking for trouble. ORANGE so you will be seen as a hunter and not mistaken for dinner. Or better yet wear a Bright Flowered Hawaii type shirt, remember animals are colored blind and those things make for GREAT CAMO, not to mention you will hear anybody that might be waiting in ambush laughing long before you will be in range.

Hey you asked and this is my SOP, so far I have never had any problems in life and think it will continue to work for me.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Suggestions: Saiga-12 and FAL

Suggestions: Saiga-12 and FAL

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm looking to pick-up and customize (if necessary) the gear I'd need to properly outfit myself for either firearm. I am not looking to carry both at the same time. What I am looking to do is have 2 seperate sets of gear loaded up and ready to go.

I've seen a few different items for the FAL, I really liked the South African Tac. Vest I saw a while back but haven't been able to find lately.

As for the Saiga-12, what size mag pouches would I need for 5 and 10 rd magazines?

Any and all suggestions are welcome. I look forward to your responses.
Working...
X