BHI DOAV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHI DOAV

Just got my new BHI DOAV vest. It's the bee's knees! Sale price for $118.00. Fits over body armour no problem. I'm thinking with a full load of mags flopping to a prone position would'nt be wise. I'll stick up like a beached whale. Anyway, seemed like a good deal on a quality vest. Room for lots of gear. Anyone use this vest??
    God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

I sold mine for the reason you stated. It held more gear than I could carry or get my hands on when I needed it. Also, when I hit the ground and tried to do a low crawl, I was still 6" off the ground minimum, probably a lot more. When moving through brush and briars, it snagged everything and I felt like the Pillsbury doughboy wearing it. Unless you are a real big guy or have substantial girth, it will seem extremely awkward. I never got used to it even after several FTX's and finally sold it.
    I learned also that if you are carrying AR mags, get a vest w/pouches for AR mags. Anything that will hold AK mags will swallow the AR's and getting them out quickly will be a pain.
    Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks for the good words. I'll work on it awhile.
      God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I owned one and while its one of the better BHI set-ups, it still wasent enough to sway me from
        the German gear i use and love.

Comment

Working...
        X