BHI tactical cut-away armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHI tactical cut-away armor

does anyone have experience with this? i would be afraid that the mechinism may fail and your armor fall off in at a less than oppurtune time.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=5190&d=

For that type of money, I'd go with an Eagle one...or one from another manufacturer.

Comment

I like the looks of it,but to me it is over priced.
      I'd go for a Eagle carrier for that kinda money.

Im currently using a convertible carrier.

TG

Comment

yeah that seems to be the trend with most of BHI products. not that its not worth it, but there are companies offering comparative product for about half the price. i have bought a rappelling harness from blackhawk and am VERY happy with it. very durable and most importantly, it doesnt turn me into a chick. i can wear it all day. it only cost $35 i think, plus shipping and taxes and all that.

Comment

there are companies offering comparative product for about half the price
          That may be, but at least a similar carrier by Eagle is even more expencive, $584.80. And that's just the carrier, you need to get the soft armor too, right? Of course that goes for BHI also.

All in all, I don't really see much use for this kind of gear in my WARdrobe, in any likely scenario I'd propably be highly mobile and on foot, whereas this kind of gear is good for Iraqi type situations where you have transport and operate/patrol from a military base.

But to each (situation) it's own I suppose.
          "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

I have four different carriers, all hold level 3A panels & two level 3 steel plates,also the steel plates are wrapped in three layers of kevlar & ballistic nylon.
            The one pix above, isnt as hot to wear as my other carriers,also easier to put on and take off when loaded down.

Im thinking in a bad shtf situation, it will be like Iraq, itleast alot of urban fighting with multiple shooters.

TG

Comment

Working...
            X