coleman Ram-Flex frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coleman Ram-Flex frame

anyone here ever modified the coleman Ram-Flex frame for the large ALICE pack? I have tried and still can fit the top of the modified frame into the top retaining pocket of the large ALICE pack. The pics on the improved rucksack webpage that been around for a long time already shows the frame inside the pocket, but i can't seem to defy the laws of physics. Thanks

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Qu...6/rucksack.htm

I use a Coleman Peak1 frame for my medium. I never tried to fit a large on it.

I'm getting ready to put a MOLLE 4th generation frame together with my large alice. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

take pics, im intertested to see if it works

Comment

Hoss I've BTDT on my Dpm Alice, I'll post some pics later an a blah blah on the in's and out's,D

Comment

OK, using the Coleman Peak 1 frame. I've never seen the Ram-Flex one, so I have no idea what you've got to work with.

The frame has to be shortened and narrowed to work with an ALICE pack. Using my pictures (I can't remember how much had to removed anymore), judge how much to shorten the frame. After that, look at the row of elongated strap slots up each side of the entire frame. Taking a hack-saw, cut down through the strap slots, thereby narrowing the frame. Once done on each side, the frame will be the right width to fit an ALICE pack. I'd suggest sanding/rounding your edges to make sure nothing cuts into the nylon(even though I haven't done that yet myself). Straps are put on wherever you'd like them, since the frame gives you plenty of options. I've heard that troops were doing this and jumping it with a medium pack. I'm not honestly sure how it would hold up with a loaded large.

Comment

ive never used one. how do those frames compare to gi?

Comment

The Peak1 frame kicks the snot out of the GI one. I'm going to add a MOLLE2 belt pad to the Peak1 frame, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Comment

Hello, All! If you are looking for more info on the Peak 1 Frame, try these two previous posts:

1) http://www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ul...6;t=004852;p=1

2) http://www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ul...2;t=000471;p=0

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. The people on this board are a HUGE resource of knowledge.

Felipe

Comment

Felipe,

Thanks for the added info. Is there anyway you can repost your pictures and edit your post to get it back up again? I'll have to add the paracord wraping, thats looks like the ticket.

Comment

wow, like "she" said "that thing is HUGE!"

Comment

Hey, Hoss! No problem! Hope it helped! I will try to work on reposting those pics, if I can't get them working again, I will send them to whomever needs them.

Just one word of caution after you get the pack and frame up and running...it is VERY easy to overload it. Take your time when you pack and take only what you need for the task at hand.

Felipe

Comment

Cool, if you don't mind, send me a copy of the pictures. Email is in the profile.

Comment

i'll take a copy of the pics, thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X