Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.H. E. Wallet - Letter to SpecOpsBrand

Sir:
    I have been using the T.H.E. Wallet for the past 2 months, and am very pleased
    with the overall quality and design of this fine product. .

However, there is one possible "improvement" that you might want to consider.

What about offering a version that is “Right Hand Friendly”, by putting the opening for the money compartment on the other side of the wallet?

With the current version of T.H.E. Wallet, as a Right-Handed person here is the natural/automatic sequence I go through to access the contents:

1) Grasp the wallet in my Right Hand with window side up and flap on top

2) Open flap with Left Hand

3) Unfold wallet with Right Hand

4) Start Bitching that I can’t get dollar bills from the wallet with my Right Hand.

5) Rotate wallet 180 degrees to put the opening for the money section on the Right.

6) Notice that all my credit cards are now facing away from me.

7) Begin monologue on the ancestry of the design team.

8) Fold wallet back up with Left Hand.

9) Secure flap (now on the bottom edge) with Right Hand.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Douglas in CT

Dear Sir:

As a Southpaw, it is rare indeed to find a product designed to work for us without any issue or modifications on the uers' part. To my esteemed colleague in Connecticut, I say "welcome to my world."

Comment

Are Southpaws lefties or righties, cause Im a leftie.
      I can never figure out why gear makers make something like a vest that needs the buckles to be adjusted with the right hand when most people including me shoot righthanded and shouldn't be taking the pistol grip hand off the weapon.

Comment

The Wallet is perfect for us lefties...my son has a hard toime opening it which is also a plus...
        You guys have enough stuff...move on,
        Pete

Comment

Derek, Southpaws are left-handers.

Like me.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TimW:
            To my esteemed colleague in Connecticut, I say "welcome to my world."

Hiya,
            I'm half way there.
            - I shoot rifles Left Handed.
            - I shoot pistols Right Handed.
            - I am also semi ambidexterous.

Doctor, is there hope for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Bolt:
              Are Southpaws lefties or righties, cause Im a leftie.
              I can never figure out why gear makers make something like a vest that needs the buckles to be adjusted with the right hand when most people including me shoot righthanded and shouldn't be taking the pistol grip hand off the weapon.
              why are you needing to adjust your vest while you are carrying your weapon? the vest should be ready to go before you start an operation. in this case, using your right hand, as a right hander, it would be easier

Comment

I'd give my left arm to be ambidexterous. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Haven't been back here in a while but WTF are you guys talking about? I keep my JR version in my right front thigh pocket with the shark bite side lateral and anterior (meaning it's on the outside and the latch is towards the front). In the pull loop for the latch I happen to keep a Fisher Bullet Pen... Pull wallet out, flip open tab, flip open wallet with everything facing me except my EMT license on the ID window... no fuss no muss... what's so hard about all this?
                  -bill

Comment

Hi murphquake,
                    Thanks for the response.

However, there must be a difference in construction between "T.H.E. Wallet" & "T.H.E. Wallet, Jr."

Just to make sure, I followed your directions and ended up with:
                    - The Money opening to the Right
                    (that is what I want)

- Credit Cards facing away from me.
                    (not what I want).

Comment

Almost makes me wanna continue on I95 past the Bronx when I go to work tonight and come show you... Basically when I take out the wallet I'm holding the 'sharkbite' with my right hand with the ID window against my palm.. I pop the latch and unfold the wallet so I'm looking at the interior ID window and CC slots and my money is on top so I can just take it as I need... the one thing I would change is that I'd reorient the zipper on the change pocket inside so it opened from bottom to top so that it would be less likely to get tugged down and open in the position I keep the wallet in...
                      -bill

Comment

Hi Murphquake,
                        I went to www.specopsbrand.com and checked out your JR version, and found it to be the same in terms of orientation.

I think I see where we are confusing each other.

When I open and unfold the wallet, it is pointing away from me with the credit cards facing the sky, and the SpecOps label facing me.

I have my right hand holding the upper right section (right thumb in the crease under the folding sharkbite flap), and my left hand on the lower left section on the money side (with palm lightly covering the edge of the inside ID window).

What I want is to have the money opening on the RIGHT SIDE. This way I can rotate the wallet to the left, knife edge to the sky, in my LEFT HAND. Then pull money out with my RIGHT HAND.

Tell you what we should do.
                        You send me an email, and let's set a time to meet at a range here in CT and do some shooting. We can then compare techniques face to face, and have some fun at the same time.

Comment

I am right handed and carry my THE Wallet in my rear left hand side. I think about what has been said. I have to sort of agree!

Comment

Originally posted by P0832177:
                            I am right handed and carry my THE Wallet in my rear left hand side. I think about what has been said. I have to sort of agree!
                            With whom?

Comment

jeez, this sounds like an episode of seinfeld.

Comment

Working...
                              X