Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have an opinion on indestructibleshoes.com ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have an opinion on indestructibleshoes.com ?

nobody posts here anymore, you'd think we've all gotten old or something (I joined AW in 2001, dropped off around 2009, still my go-to reference for knowledgeable regular folks on guns & gear).

Anyway, does anyone happen to have an opinion (ideally an informed one ) on https://indestructibleshoes.com/ ? They talk a good game, although I'd prefer a composite to a steel toe, but:

my needs are that I like functional shoes with safety toes, I do a mix of outside work, hiking, shooting in fairly civilized terrain. I don't use them to earn a living but I like to spend enough to get functional protection that lasts.

My perception is that the functional footwear market consists of two camps worth looking at (the cheap stuff is ignorable). One is the plastic/new materials space-age stuff like Adidas GSG9 was a long time ago, and my Redwings that bonded the hard rubber sole to the leather boot with the softer rubber cushioning material, which disintegrated after 10 yrs. Don't trust that stuff any more.

The other category is the bombproof stuff that DoD buys (I'm outside so don't know inside details) like Danner, Matterhorn, etc. that costs upwards of $200 but doesn't fail. At least that's what I'd like to hope.

I doubt indestructible is in the bombproof category, but are they gimmickry or quality materials/build ? is the question I want to find an answer for.
    When government shifts from defining what is wrong, with the direct implication that all else is acceptable, to defining what is right, with the insidious suggestion that all else may be suspect if not subversive, then we are well on the way to a police state.<br /><br />Business, society and government all exist solely to serve the interests of the people. Of, By, For.

A guy at work has a pair. They were destroyed in a week of rough bike riding.. No brakes, he jammed his heal into the rear tire. THAT ripped a huge chunk out of the rear sole. THEN he wore out the soles using the sneakers as bike brakes. and the seams ripped during normal (other) use.

Maybe if you are an intelligent person using them in a normal fashion they would last.

BISHOP
    The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

thanks man. I love the idea of a light shoe, but bonding and light materials and seams in fabric just don't seem to hold up like more traditional construction.
      When government shifts from defining what is wrong, with the direct implication that all else is acceptable, to defining what is right, with the insidious suggestion that all else may be suspect if not subversive, then we are well on the way to a police state.<br /><br />Business, society and government all exist solely to serve the interests of the people. Of, By, For.

Comment

I can't wear anything except leather (Except that I do wear workout shoes when at the gym.). Those synthetic uppers, like Cordura and all those other brand names for stuff that comes out of a refinery, never seem to break in. Instead the shoe tries to break in my feet.
        Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

Working...
        X