New Meindl's on the Way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Meindl's on the Way

I just purchased a pair of Meindl Island MFS Pro boots from Bergzeit.de. I probably won't see them for nearly two weeks with having to go through the Customs hassle and hoping no one either steals them or loses them along the way.

These are supposed to be excellent hiking boots all the way to the snow line so we'll see. It took me weeks of research, reading reviews, and watching videos to narrow down my choices. I started with around five different pair of Meindl boots.

I hope they fit. I hate playing exchange with internet purchases, and even more so since this is a 3500 mile trip one-way if they don't fit.

This isn't my first pair of German boots. I have two pairs of Haix Airpower P7 and they are an excellent work boot and a fair walker too. Not quite as tough as the Meindl's I don't think for hiking and general outdoor abuse.

The thing about Meindl boots is that you can't buy them in the United States unless you buy the Cabela's labeled Meindl's. These boots are not the same models you can get in Germany and Cabela's only carries about four different boots by Meindl. Two of them are made in Vietnam! They aren't even German! Cabela's wanted to cheap-out and make a price point so US customers think they're getting Meindl quality, when in fact it is an inferior product. The e-mail I received from Meindl is that these Cabela's boots are every bit as good as those that are hand-made in Germany. I think not.

I'd just as soon pay for the originals and import them myself. Plus I have my choice of everything they sell and I know exactly where they are made.

I sure hope I like them. I've never spent this much on boots before.

Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Re: New Meindl's on the Way

Boots processed through Flughafen Frankfurt DHL facility and should be on a plane right now for Newark.

Yea me! I hope they fit.

Comment

I used to work 12-16 hr. shifts doing vigorous work in a walboard plant and learned that quality footwear was well worth the $...in the long or short run. Got a link?
      arkyboy
      I\'d rather dial 1911!

Comment

Sure. I bought them from Bergzeit.de. Very nice folks to deal with. All of my questions were answered by the next day (because of the time difference) and they were very helpful and polite.

http://www.bergzeit.co.uk/meindl-isl...thrazit-uk8-5/

If you need to, you can click on the German flag at the top menu next to 'Hilfe' and a drop down menu will allow you to view the page in English if you choose.

In addition, if you sign up on the site, you will get a 5€ coupon on your first purchase and the prices will all be displayed cheaper after you log-in.

Only 19.95€ shipping to the US.

Comment

Thank you sir! I will check'em out.
          arkyboy
          I\'d rather dial 1911!

Comment

Hopefully the size is right, that's probably the only way you could get an unsatisfactory boot from Meindl.
            "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

I hope they fit. It's a long way back to Deutschland.

I just got a tracking update. They are at the USPS International Sort Facility in Chicago.

Still no firm delivery day though.

Comment

I got them this morning. Eight days in Customs isn't too unreasonable.

They fit!!! Meindl's fit chart is spot on. The toe box in this boot model is larger than the standard N. American boot toe box.

I normally wear an E or EE, but these boot while wearing a boot sock are perfect and they are only an M.

The Memory Foam System is very comfortable and molds itself to your foot after a few minutes of wearing.

These are very comfortable so far, and the sidewalls are stiff with outer foot support to keep your foot from rolling to the outside. I forget what that is called off the top of my head.

The fit is outstanding. If anyone should decide to buy a pair of these order your standard boot size.

Vielen danke Meindl!!!

Comment

Glad it turned out great for you, now just hit the road Jack and own those boots
                  "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

I was taking a big chance on the fit, but I measured my feet, read everything I could find on how Meindl's fit other people, and payed attention to the fit and conversion charts. I get lucky every now and then.

These boots are not really black. They have a greenish tinge to the black that I just can't describe. I've never seen the color myself. It might change color or be hidden after I apply the Nikwax waterproofing product I bought.

Comment

Working...
                    X