I got to clean out my stuff more often.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jefferson101
    started a topic I got to clean out my stuff more often.

I got to clean out my stuff more often.

My middle grandson has this obsession with tactical vests. (Don't ask me why. I didn't cause it.) I went digging tonight, just to see what I had around that might fit him.

The answer was "nothing", but in the process I dug out my old EG Rain Pattern vest. Geez, that one goes back a long way! Probably about 1996 or so.

Anyway, when I picked it up, it seemed awfully heavy. And it should have. It had 100 rounds of Chinese steel core 7.62x39 on strippers in in, and four boxes of Barnaul 7.62x39. There was also 100 rounds of Barnaul 9x18 in there.

The rest of the stuff I had in it is not perishable, notably. But that ammo might be. I should have changed it out twice since I got the thing.

OTOH, it's amazing what you find when you go digging.

• arkyboy
    replied
    Re: I got to clean out my stuff more often.

Dang! I gots ta check that out!
    arkyboy

Leave a comment:

• kARL
    replied

arkyboy.
    It may be nicer than you think.
    A fella was selling turk in blue bands are $85 bucks a bando at a show last week.
    But he assured me that it was worth it as it was "Steel core"
    700 rounds would be 10 bando.
    karl

Leave a comment:

• arkyboy
    replied

Lol! I find stuff I forgot about too. Cleaned out the storage shed a couple of months ago and found about 700 rds. of Turk 8mm that I didn't know I had. That was a nice surprize! Btw, I have an OD green Romanian mil. vest here somewhere that might fit your grandson. It was one of those mail order things that was way too small for me when I got it. I'll see if I can dig it up.
    arkyboy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X