HAIX Airpower P7 Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAIX Airpower P7 Boots

Just ordered a pair of these mid-length duty boots. No steel toe here, but waterproof and insulated.

The Belleville boots are holing up extrememly well, but I wanted to add a low-rise boot to the mix.

Product Description Airpower P7 Mid-height

Haix boots are made for those that are serious about their job. When others depend on you, and you need to depend on your boots, Haix is the way to go. Offering boots for differing jobs, such as forestry, fire safety, police, EMS and hunting, Haix has a style to keep you safe and comfortable. Using the top materials possible, Haix boots are crafted to fit your needs with safety toes, soft toes, waterproofing, and many other option variations in their boots.

Specifics
    HAIX Secura Liner: Footwear inner liner which will never pull out or wrinkle up over time; lining is firmly secured and sealed along with the upper leather beneath the sole.

HAIX Sun Reflect Leather: Reduces the heating effect of the upper leather by direct sunlight. Sunlight is reflected by the leather, keeping the leather and the feet cooler.

HAIX Climate System: Permits air circulation with every step – moist air is released and fresh air comes in through the vent holes at the top of the boot.
    HAIX AS System: Supports the arch of the foot in its natural, ideal position
    Upper Material: Soft and supple waterproof leather, hydrophobic, breathable.
    Moisture Barrier: GORE-TEX footwear, 4 layers with inner Cambrelle lining, abrasion resistant, softly padded with breathable foam. Waterproof, breathable, and chemical resistant.

Sole: Rubber compound outsole with PU wedge which is fuel, oil, and skid resistant, with a non-marking, self-cleaning, antistatic tread. Excellent insulation against heat and cold.

Insole: Anatomically formed, quick change, machine washable insert with excellent moisture absorption and quick drying qualities.

Footbed: Anatomically formed TEXON (fleece) absorbs moisture and supports ankle

Other: Anatomically formed and softly padded tongue, lightweight, high quality quick lacing eyelets, highly breathable nylon fabric, and reinforcement in the toe and heel area.

MADE IN GERMANY

Ordered from dutybootshop.com owned and operated by a retired Marine.
    Last edited by Herr Walther; November 19, 2012, 15:26.
    [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Re: HAIX Airpower P7 Boots

I've had the P9 desert boots for like two summers, I've done a couple of 40 klick ruck marches with them, so I know they are good for humping...great all round boots too, more anatomical than say my Acadias.

In the US, you can even have your Haix boots resoled, unfortunately we don't have that option here.
    Last edited by m92s; November 25, 2012, 14:40.
    "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

That's good to hear. I have problems with my left foot after walking and standing for up to 12 hours. I'm hoping these will be a bit kinder to my foot than my other boots.

The anatomical design was one of the things that caught my eye about these boots. That and the fact that they supply most of Europe's military forces tells me they will hold up under less than ideal conditions.

Hopefully they will be along Monday or Tuesday.
      [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

Comment

Re: HAIX Airpower P7 Boots (please read if you need boots)

An update on these boots.

After months of wearing these they are very comfortable. They needed a break-in of about two weeks walking two miles a day. Not too bad and they feel great now.

Here's the real story.

These boots have a piece of hook Velcro sewn to the boot tounge and a corresponding piece of loop Velcro on the upper inside of the boot top. This keeps the tounge from shifting around as you walk.

The the inside material on the left boot top corner edge where the loop Velcro is was being abraided and it wore clean through the outer material of the inside of the boot top ahead of where the Velcro was sewn.

This exposed the Gortex inner lining and is now an opening for water.

I contacted Haix and sent them photos. They forwarded the photos to QC in Germany.

The e-mail I was sent this morning told me my NEW P7 Airpower boots are shipping out today, no charge, and I should have them by Friday.

And get this, they don't even want the old boots back.

Haix has just made a loyal customer for life. I cannot recommend these boots and this company highly enough. If you need new work, military, or police boots, look no further than Haix. They stand behind their boots and their warrantee.

Just watch for wear near this Velcro'd area. The right boot is not wearing in this area at all. I'll be removing this Velcro at the first indication of the slightest amount of abnormal wear in this area.

Last edited by Herr Walther; February 27, 2013, 23:21.

Comment

That's some good customer service right there

It seems that the problem are is above the area covered by the tongue, and it would not hold out water anyways, so it should not be a problem as far as water proofing goes...if I had something like that on my boot (the velcro) I'd have taken it off anyway, cause velcro just kills fabric like that, and it's not great for keeping stuff together in a high stress application such as walking.

I would just have a shoe repair shop touch it up with some edge binding tape to make it look more aesthetically pleasing and stop any further unraveling.
          Last edited by m92s; February 28, 2013, 15:20.
          "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

I asked them if they would remove the Velco from the new boots but they would not.

I'll take care of it myself.

Another thing they could have done was move the loop piece of Velcro forward to the front edge of the boot top so there woudn't be any material to wear away.

Still great boots. I love them. Now I have a pair to wear in crappy weather and a new pair to wear in good weather.

Comment

Well, the only thing better than a pair of good boots is a free pair of good boots

Comment

You better believe it!

I didn't expect them to replace them, nor did I ask them to. I just wanted them fixed, but I'll take a new pair.

Small price to pay for all the word of mouth advertising they are getting from me.

Comment

Working...
                X