Belleville Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belleville Boots

I was issued a basic pair of these boots in the Air Force back in the early '80's. I didn't think much of them and they hurt my feet for weeks while breaking them in marching all over Lackland AFB and later Chanute AFB. I don't have any idea the model number of those long-gone boots.

I recently decided the Adidas GSG-9 boots I have need replacing as I've nearly worn the soft rubber sole right off of the boot. They were soft for a purpose though and I understood that they wouldn't last a lifetime. They are comfortable still, but starting to leak as the sole is pulling away from the leather upper, and I've worn through two of the mid-upper lace keepers. The leather however is still in good condition with only minor cuts and abrasions.

I ordered a pair of Belleville 800ST's about five minutes ago from Belleville Shoe Company up the road about 30 miles. They should be here Tuesday as Fed-Ex doesn't deliver on Monday.

I needed something waterproof and warm and these seem to fit the bill with Gortex lining and Thinsulate material. As a bonus they are also steel-toed. I don't really need that in my work environment, but I like how they keep the toe cap from collapsing after several years of wear and they make a spit polish much easier to do. All leather upper and no Cordura or other synthetic material. Vibram chevron sole which will be good on concrete and tile floors, not to mention aircraft carier decking and asphalt flight lines.

Made in the USA too by local residents in my home town. Some I still know that work there.

I could have saved a few dollars by ordering from several internet sources, but having the horses mouth just up the road I figured I'd take advantage of the fast shipping and delivery time. Sherri assured me I would be wearing Belleville Boots on Tuesday afternoon at the latest.

[I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Re: Belleville Boots

WOW! Was that fast! I just got home from work about 20 minutes ago and my new boots were waiting on the front porch.

They fit great! I thought they were a little snug at first but as the leather started warming up they started to get a little looser. These already feel like they're 3/4 broke in already. A couple days on the job should finish them up.

If you guys need new boots and haven't had a pair of Belleville's on since Basic, you ought to give 'em a second try. They've improved. A lot!
    [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

Comment

Belleville, Bates, Altama, and Danner are just about the best ya can get. I still have my Bates-Marine Corp boots,(steel-toe)...

Although they are starting to show some wear, they are still sound as the day I broke them in. I do need to caution on the steel-toe thing for extreme winter wear, the 'cold-transferance' can be hard on a person's feet. I also recommend heavy cushioned sole wool socks and bring a second pair to wash & wear.

"Protect your feet if you ever think you're going to get somewhere in life." Get and wear only good boots!

Michael
      Last edited by C. M. Wolf; December 11, 2011, 03:01.

Comment

Nice boots, Herr Walther. I'm gald that you're happy with them.

Sadly, these kind of boots are very expensive here in Australia so I won't be able to afford them right away. Besides, I'm saving up to get myself a new pair of Altama Black Mil-Spec Jungle Boots.

On another note, Herr Walther. I personally think that combat boots made of black, full-grain, shineable leather are better all-round combat boots than combat boots made of suede leather.

P.S. Herr Walther. If I had the money at my disposal, I would buy myself a pair of these boots from Belleville...

http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/produc...ent_product=8#
        If you want peace then prepare for war - Ancient Roman maxim

Comment

I did look at those and I liked them except no steel toe. It pains me to have to order something the Navy wears (), but that 700 doesn't come with the steel toe.

I like that to keep the toe cap from colapsing and wrinking over time. Not to mention the protection the steel toe affords.

Comment

My Matterhorns are just about to turn 20 years old and are doing fine after being re-soled a little over a year ago. I am looking at getting a pair of the new Nike boots in green at some point, but not justifying the outlay yet.
            Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

I have had two pairs of Altama boots tat were absolutely horrible. I threw one away and resoled the other which salvaged them.

Comment

I've heard less than stellar reviews about Altima boots. Magnums too.

After wearing these Belleville boots for roughly eight days now, they feel a heck of a lot more comfortable than my issue boots did and nearly the same as my Georgia boots.

The Georgia boots even give my Adidas GSG-9 boots a run for their money in the comfort department. The GSG-9 is much like an athletic shoe that Adidas turned into a tactical boot. Hard to beat those for sheer comfort. I've never had a boot that felt as good as those on my feet. I may even get another pair one day.

I'm really happy with the Belleville boots. They're comfortablem they have good traction on wet concrete and tile, great inner arch and sidewall support, and they shine up really well. The steel toe is a nice feature too in a combat/work boot.

So many great boots out there and so little money. I wish I had a different pair for every day of the week.
                Last edited by Herr Walther; December 22, 2011, 19:45.

Comment

I just got a pair of Belleville Tactical Research Khyber Mountain Boots.

I have about 25 miles on them. So far I like them a lot but 25 miles isn't much of a test . . .

Comment

I have about 35 miles on mine now. Holding up really well with no noticable wear to the sole yet. Everything is holding tight and staying waterproof. Nice and warm too.

Comment

Working...
                    X