Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen these lanterns and cookstoves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen these lanterns and cookstoves?

http://store.britelyt.com/servlet/StoreFront While about twice the cost of Coleman products, the many fuels these will burn would seem to make them a worthwhile addition to a persons emergency gear. As funds become available, a lantern and stove will be added to mine.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Anyone seen these lanterns and cookstoves?

I read something about those years ago. Quality is supposed to be top notch. They are nickle plated brass which should be very corrosion resistant. I would like to get a lantern and stove for the house in case of emergency. Would be nice to have something you can count on even if you had to use it for an extended period of time.

For a portable stove I have an MSR Dragonfly in my bag that I really like. It burns white gas, unleaded, kerosene, diesel, and I bet any other flammable liquid would get it going. I bought it originally as a backpacking stove and it made its way to my BOB. It will bring a liter of water to a full boil in 3.5 min. I really like it.

IDHunt
    The Bill of Rights: Void Where Prohibited by Law

Comment

AH the Petromax lanterns.
      These things will work with anything that will burn. They are VERY good but expensive lanters.

BISHOP
      The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

With "Coleman" type fuel going over nine bucks per gallon, I'm going to sell all the lanterns and stoves I've accumulated over the years. I went on a yard sale/junk sale buying spree for a few years, ended up with about 20 Coleman 220 and 275 series lanterns and 1/2 dozen stoves. I've managed to get most of them working the last month, yard sale here I come.
        "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
        The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
        X