X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIGHTSTALKER
    replied
    Re: Man bags anyone???

I have the tactical agressor, 2-s type fatboys with m-5 pouches and cocoon pouches, 2- typhoon gearslingers with m-5 pouches attached , and am looking to get 2 of the falconII backpacks. I use them on the bike, in the truck all over they hold up great.

Leave a comment:

• TimW
    replied

The washing has to do with the Teflon coating to help keep it clean. It won't / shouldn't harm the fabric, though I don't know that I'd wash any of my gear in a washing machine. Hose/brush/soap.

Leave a comment:

• OldFalGuy
    replied

I also have both, in tan, and while I prefer the smaller bags overall size I wish the gun pouch was a bit wider like the Jumbo- so much larger in order to place my pistol and draw it easily. I also have 2 of their attache cases. Sorta wish there was a way to "break" in that fabric so it is a little bit softer but was told at the SAR show 2 years ago NOT to wash it........... maybe since I have a side loader washer without an agitator it might be possible............

What sayeth ye?

Leave a comment:

• TimW
    replied

The ratio of the standard Fatboy vs Jumbo's sold was over 5:1 in favor of the Jumbos...so much that I dropped the standard Fatboy. I still use one for a business-in-a-bag (biz cards, check book, etc.), but I have Jumbos for a med bag, CCW bag, and a take-the-dog-for-a-walk bag. It's pretty versatile.

Leave a comment:

• BISHOP
    replied

THANKS for the info..Keep them comming.

BISHOP

Leave a comment:

• m92s
    replied

My EDC bag is an S-type versipack, with a Maxpedition Cocoon pouch and an M2 waistpack attached.

I really like it, it has enough room for my wallet, a small survival kit, water bottle+cup, hand sanitizer and other small items, plus a little room left for whatever I might be carrying.

I've been thinking of getting a Jumbo for times when I need a bit more space for food or maybe some extra clothes, or whatever I might need if I had to carry items for more than one days worth. The one thing both versions really need is a waist belt of some sort (I made one myself), the bag tends to swing around alot if you have to climb an obstacle or something.

The attachment point on the small zippered side pocket and the key keeper have so far been pretty useless for me, but I guess they don't take anything away from the pack.

I'd prefer if the backside was just plain cordura and not mesh, and the slip compartment can get pretty tight if the main compartment is full (I usually carry my wallet in there). I'd also like for the front attachment points (especially the one under the key keeper) to be a bit higher up, now the M2 pouch is kind of in the way of the slip compartment zipper. It would be nice if the top flap had more velcro, alot of patches are three inch high, and the velcro strip is only two, not a big deal of course, just a bit annoying. The shoulder pad could use a bit more length.

But all in all, the standard Versipack is great (especially with the pouches attached), and I'm sure the Jumbo is just as good, what the standard is missing most is a water bottle holder outside the main compartment, and the Jumbo has just that.

Leave a comment:

• Papadoc
    replied

I have and use both the standard Versapack and the Jumbo, and love them both. The standard one is my everyday bag to carry my diabetic supplies (insullin, and test kit). I alos carry a flashlight, multi-tool, and a small "bo-bo/snivel" kit along with the diabetic supplies, with some room left over. The jumbo is my "72-hour" kit bag/get home bag/good bag", it easily holds enough supplies and has room left over for other things. The standard size has room for a 1911 upto my full size Springfield Armory XD45 (5" barrel, full size frame). The jumbo has room for the above plus two full size magazines in the same compartment (I don't want the magazines out showing anywhere). Both bags are very well built and rugged. BTW, the standard is tan (same as picture above) and the jumbo is in green.

Leave a comment:

• BISHOP
    started a topic Man bags anyone???

Man bags anyone???

Anybody carry now, or has carried in the past for an extended period of time that Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack?

Like them or what is it that you don't like about them. Personal opinion is always welcome (more than just what you read).

I am wanting to get one in green because its like a little BOB or a tactical diaper bag (for the baby) either way I can carry my 1911 in it.

BISHOP
Working...
X