USA Made tactical clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Made tactical clothing

Who makes tactical apparrel in the USA? I would like some cargo/tactical pants but everything I see is made in overseas sweatshops. I would also like to get some tactical style boots Made in the USA.

Re: USA Made tactical clothing

The only one that is certain that comes to my mind is TAD gear line of clothes, but they are pricy:

http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?cat=82
    "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

Originally posted by m92s View Post
      The only one that is certain that comes to my mind is TAD gear line of clothes, but they are pricy:

http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?cat=82
      I have a lot of TAD Gear. Great clothing. But even they have gone over to China. A few of their things are US made, but more and more had the Made in China label on it.

And, oddly enough, their prices haven't dropped.

Plus their customer service is horrendous. Orders get goofed up quite a bit, too.
      Media vita in morte sumus

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Devil View Post

Plus their customer service is horrendous. Orders get goofed up quite a bit, too.
        im guessing the two are related.

Comment

Have stuff locally made from hemp cloth. It should not be incredibly difficult to have the hippie chicks copy over the design components of your favorite tactical clothing into the rough hemp cloth stuff in earth tone colors. Looks "woody and fashionable" but functions tactical. Another bonus is that hemp cloth generally stays dull under UV light therefore does not "light up" when viewed by NV equipment they way nylons and other polymers do.
          Last edited by RT; January 11th, 2010, 22:42.
          Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

ive felt hemp before and i sure as hell dont want it rubbing on my neck all day. it would feel worse than a 10 mile road march in new boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Devil View Post
              I have a lot of TAD Gear. Great clothing. But even they have gone over to China. A few of their things are US made, but more and more had the Made in China label on it.

Ive read bad thigs about their cs before, but then again Ive always bought their stuff from Finnish vendors so I dont know about that...but on the other issue, companies tend to outsource when they grow, so no news there , sad as it may be. There are many American companies that make good stuff right in the USA but finding their products is not always easy, since most companies just sell Propper made in who knows where...
              "Not all of them are terrorists"..."No, not all of them, but most of them are, and all it takes is most of them." -Eric Cartman

Comment

Originally posted by ironjaw83 View Post
                ive felt hemp before and i sure as hell dont want it rubbing on my neck all day. it would feel worse than a 10 mile road march in new boots.
                Good point. The stuff needs layering or lining to wear like that. I think the hippies who are really into using it for cloth use a hemp/cotton blend for the clothing stuff, and the bags and purses are a rougher material that probably has the higher hemp content.

Comment

A lot of the stuff sold by SKD Tactical is US made. I have some of their Enhanced BDUs, for example, that as US made from US materials.

Comment

Hemp made clothing?? Can you smoke it in an emergency?? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mgjohn View Post
                      Hemp made clothing?? Can you smoke it in an emergency?? :-)
                      No, the strain of Cannabis plant used for hemp is different from the one grown for "recreational purposes". In theory, you could maybe get a little bit high from burning hemp clothing, but then your average glue sniffer teenager would tell you he would get more high from the fumes of burning a synthetic fleece garment.

The pot smokers want most people to think that more hemp products would help legalize the smokable strains, but the plant genetics people have come up with fiber hemp oriented breeds of the plant that contain very little THC. The only advantage at that point would be that sniffer dogs and such would have to be more highly trained to be selective between the presence of the two types of plants, but the plants even smell different to people so training the dogs to respond differently to each strain is not incredibly difficult.

The difference is that fiber hemp is genetically altered to have more usable structural fibers in male plants, dope cannabis is genetically altered to produce larger amounts of THC laden oils in the buds of female plants.

Sativa Hemp fiber plants can be bred to produce THC laden "buds" which are preferred by some smokers but the premium northern CA "Emerald Triangle" weed is almost always going to be the Indica strain. The Ruderalis variant is genetically related but not particularly useful and is the "weed" variety that still naturally occurs in some parts of the world. Ruderalis is sometimes cross bred with other cannabis varieties to make the other breeds more capable of surviving with less intensive cultivation effort.

Last edited by RT; January 25th, 2010, 20:58.

Comment

Thanks for the info RT. I thought there might be a differnce and that helps clear it up.

Comment

ruderalis is more commonly known as ditch weed because thats where it is found most often. its as worthless as the grass in your yard.

Comment

Working...
                          X