ammo cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ammo cans

Does anybody know where I can find some .30 ammo cans. I like them since they can hold around 360rds of .308 and they won't be so heavy, I am going in the National Guard within a month and need a way to store my ammo, so I can rest easy while I am in basic and AIT school.

if anybody has one they want to sale I would really appreciate it

thanks

Re: ammo cans

As long as it's in a climate controlled area, cool and dry, even a cardboard box would probably work. I'd throw in some desicant.

Not sure where you can find ammo cans cheap...my local shops have stacks of them, but prices are so crazy on them that I don't even bother looking at them anymore. If you've already made contact with your unit, it wouldn't hurt to ask your supply sgt if he's got any laying around.

Comment

I get mine here:
      http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/sea...%20%26%20Boxes

Comment

absolutely ANY gun show. i swear they make ammo cans or something. they never seem to run out of them.

Comment

At Knob Creek they had a lot of them, but I didn't feel like toting them back (along way) to my car, the next day there were only a few crappy ones left.
          The FAL mags from DSA were 3/$20 and I wish I had bought a lot more of them. Of course the list of stuff I wanted there was a very long list and I doubt I will ever be that rich.

Comment

I'm due for some more .50 cans.

I bought 40 of them about 5 years ago, and let 8 or so of them go to friends and whatnot. And I need another dozen or so.

I know where to find some, and if I get flush again in the next few months, I'm going to get another couple dozen. Ammo seems to expand to fill the space I have to store it, so I really ought to try and find another 50 or 100 of them. At the rate I go, I'll fill them up.

I might need a new floor to hold it all up, but that's a secondary problem, right?

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Volunteer for the advance party when you go to the range once you've been in for a year or so. The ASP (ammunition Supply Point) throws them away all the time. I usually try to get the SAW cans instead. If you live close to Camp Robinson they're pretty easy to come by at any gun shop or flra market.

Comment

Working...
              X