reccomendations for a car GPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reccomendations for a car GPS?

I'm thinking about getting one like a Tomtom. I want to keep it under $200. I'd like to be able to use it on road and off road, but primarily on road.

Re: reccomendations for a car GPS?

Originally posted by ISC View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one like a Tomtom. I want to keep it under $200. I'd like to be able to use it on road and off road, but primarily on road.
    Not sure what would work for you, I have a Garmin Nuvi...doesn't really work well off road...heck, has a difficult time with roads that have been around for less than 2 years...

Comment

I received a TomTom for Christmas and it works quite well. We used it in Arizona when we went to Tombstone.( a great place to visit)

South Jersey Boy

Comment

isc, being military, dont you have a handheld? but i assume you have already thought about that and are looking for a dedicated car unit. in either case, i wish i could offer an opinion but i dont even know how to use one let alone give advice which ones are better.

Comment

As fast as that stuff changes its wise to go with the TomTom for under $200.00 I think at my Walmart its 148.00
          But in a couple years it will be obsolete so I won't stick much in one and they do all work about the same
          My daughter has the TomTom and my Father has the Garmin big bucks one and other than a couple things I won't use anyway they are the same

Comment

I wish we had handheld GPS issued to us. the military models are not very good. they're very rugged, but not user freindly and have pretty limited features.

I want one that has maps for roads and street names but also will give me a 10 digit grid too.

Comment

a 10dgrid might be asking alot. especially if you want a civilian model. i cant think of anything civilian that doesnt use degrees. maybe they have a topographic setting?

i dont think you will be able to find a "in-car" nav system that shows topography either. i think you might be better off with a handheld and a car charger. but thats my uneducated opinion. like i said, i havent used them. only maps for me...they dont need batteries

Comment

Working...
              X