Weapon storage bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon storage bags?

I'm looking for something for both rifle and shotgun storage that will prevent rust if firearms are stored in a humid area. I'm trying to prevent moisture in the air from causing rust. I've tried the Bore Store brand silicone treated "socks" These don't do that well.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Weapon storage bags?

Works great, try em.

http://www.polygunbag.com/gunbags.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I haven't tired the airtight bags.

I use the silicone impregnated knit bags in addition to silica gel packs and goldenrods in my gun lockers, and using all 3 plus occasional maintenance (oiling) seems to be doing the trick). My lockers are in my basement, and I also run a dehumidifier spring, summer, and fall. But here in WI it doesn't feel as humid as it does in AR.

Comment

Buck, thanks! I'm going to order some of those. CK, I do about the same in my safe, in this instance I'll be "storing" in an area where electricity for a Golden Rod or dehumidifier won't be available. Proper maintenance is always the best proceedure but when and where these are to be "stored" this will not be possible on a regular basis. Thanks for replying, Gentlemen!
        "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
        The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
        X