Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey There From South Texas

Hi Y'all,

I just came by to see what was cooking and saw that post from Mr. Paintballmagnet and just had to sign up to answer his laundry questions.

Let me introduce myself. I am middle-aged like many of you. I am a woman who lives in a pretty tough town in South Texas, it is very corrupt and I sometimes feel like a prisoner here. Whenever they run short of money, they give tickets to whomever the judge doesn't like (only if he feels that the person has no resources to fight back) and drag them to court and give them huge fines.

I moved here about 7 years ago from California where I had lived for 10 years or so. Although I was a native Texan, I had no idea how the state had changed while I was gone. It was a good place to grow up with a lot of nice folks when I left. When I came back, it was like something out of Linda Blair southern prison movie or the "Dukes of Hazzard." The little town judges just abuse everybody with their admiralty courts. I guess that they think that admiralty means that people admire them? I don't know, but they run these places like their own gulags. It is really bad.

My experiences made me study the world around me in great depth. I was pretty horrified with what I found out. I felt like the blinders fell off of my eyes. I discovered all the corruption in the country and what my supposed representatives had been doing.

Anyway, I have a Master's degree in Mass Communications so I have spent a fair amount of time looking at how the media is used to form public opinion. Even though I knew about the process, I guess that I had not considered that it applied to me. Well, I was wrong. I got suckered, too. Despite the fact that I knew a lot more than most people about the rest of the world and how America's troops were often used to force trade agreements etc., I still thought that at the core--we were a good country. Now, I realize that there are a lot of good people in THIS COUNTRY, but some of the people who have been running it openly or in the shadows are not good people at all. I question whether some of them are human--they seem so devilish and debauched.

When I wandered down here, it was after reading a posting on Rumormill from another group that talked about becoming your own media to fight against things like the mandated vaccinations. People are already dying from those shots, so I wanted to help stop that activity. That's how I ended up here and then I saw the laundry questions and had to answer.

Other stuff that you might want to know--I like people. I get to know someone before I decide how I feel about them. Even though I might not agree with someone's opinions, I can still like them. I am divorced with a 19 year old son. I haven't hunted lately, but I grew up around guns, took the NRA classes and was a pretty good marksman before my eyes began to get peaked. I like to read, sew, think, garden and write things.

From what I have read so far, this seems like a nice group of people. I am sure that I can learn a lot from y'all. Your knowledge of firearms is astounding! I feel pretty alone where I am and I could use friends and sound advice about how to secure the safety of my son and myself.

Sorry for being so chatty, I spend too much time alone. Anyway, I will be reading everybody's posts and trying to learn more about everything. I am real interested in homesteading and I have a stuck in Wichita Falls that I need to have moved down where I am...anybody know a good mobile home mover?

Take care,

Bluebonnet

PS: We need more girlie smilies...stuff with feelings on them. Who do I talk to about that?

Re: Hey There From South Texas

Welcome BB and enjoy your stay. Talk to Rebecca or Mama 6 in the ladies forum.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963

Comment

Re: Hey There From South Texas

Welcome aboard BB! Lots of great folks here. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
      X