Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orc-fighting patriot, reporting for duty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike1
    replied
    Re: orc-fighting patriot, reporting for duty!

Welcome

mike

Leave a comment:

• sling
    replied

Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post
    Sling might trade you ammo for Okra. I live about 6 miles away from him, but I won't. (Heh! I live here, but I'm not "from" here.)
    I have plenty of Okra for now!! I normally plant Okra every year and freeze a bunch. My inlaws always have extra too.

I like it fried, boiled with plenty of butter and in soup or gumbo!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post
    Personally, I make what they call a "4 cup" pot of Expresso, and put a coffee mug under the spout. Then, I drink it. Aaaaaahhhh! Caffeine!
    That works too! BTW, you might not have been aware that you can make a coffee substitute by grinding and roasting okra seeds! This was discovered, IIRC, in Confederate Texas when true coffee was not available due to hostilities.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by GTP View Post
    I DETEST okra with a passion. My SC Mother, bless her, married a Louisiana Navy man after the last Great War. He would only eat okra cooked the "slimy" way and us kids had to eat it or get nothin'! More often then not, when okra was served, I ate nothin' I hated the taste so bad! I have tried it fried, but nothin' doin'!

Anyway, welcome to the board from a fellow South Carolinian! I am up Spartanburg way!
    GTP

Well, I'll forgive you about the okra. It's like orange marmalade, either you love it or you hate it. Good to see another SC person here. Maybe we'll bump into each other at a gun show!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I DETEST okra with a passion. My SC Mother, bless her, married a Louisiana Navy man after the last Great War. He would only eat okra cooked the "slimy" way and us kids had to eat it or get nothin'! More often then not, when okra was served, I ate nothin' I hated the taste so bad! I have tried it fried, but nothin' doin'!

Anyway, welcome to the board from a fellow South Carolinian! I am up Spartanburg way!
    GTP
    Last edited by GTP; August 4, 2009, 17:26.

Leave a comment:

• jefferson101
    replied

Sling might trade you ammo for Okra. I live about 6 miles away from him, but I won't. (Heh! I live here, but I'm not "from" here.)

I do Sweet Tea and Southwestern Barbecue, but I don't do Okra, unless it's fried. And I don't do Cappuccino, although I make it regularly for people who do.

Personally, I make what they call a "4 cup" pot of Expresso, and put a coffee mug under the spout. Then, I drink it. Aaaaaahhhh! Caffeine!

Rough old men abound here. But jump right in. We got firearms, as well as Espresso Makers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks for the welcome! Does anybody like okra? I just picked a bunch of it today.

"Will trade okra for ammo"

Leave a comment:

• GOODOLDGUY
    replied

Welcome! Nice place, good folks here.

Leave a comment:

• sling
    replied

Welcome aboard! First Mountain Dew is on me!!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic orc-fighting patriot, reporting for duty!

orc-fighting patriot, reporting for duty!

Well, some of you might get what I meant by that. Anyway, this looks like a great place and I look forward to spending some time here. Anyone have some Mountain Dew or cappuccino?
Working...
X