noob intro skagit co. WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob intro skagit co. WA

hi everyone new to the forums, looking forward to meeting some like- minded. little about me, certifiable gun nut, i have a couple i roll my own bullets for my custom mauser in .338 win mag beefy shooter! i hope to start long range training with it within the next few weeks. just looking for people in my area to go pie platin with.

Re: noob intro skagit co. WA

Mike

Comment

Greetings! Welcome to AW!

Comment

Originally posted by ignorance_of_pride View Post
        hi everyone new to the forums, looking forward to meeting some like- minded. little about me, certifiable gun nut, i have a couple i roll my own bullets for my custom mauser in .338 win mag beefy shooter! i hope to start long range training with it within the next few weeks. just looking for people in my area to go pie platin with.
        Hey IOPI am in skagit county also. Near Sedro for me how about you??Looks like you 1st got here about 8 months ago. I just found this site myself maybe 3 weeks ago. Got here via link from another site I think.I picked up an M44 myself about 2 months ago. I learned of whats supposed to be a good spot to shoot but have not scouted it out yet. Its out the S.Skagit Hiway. Up the Finney Creek-Cumberland Road. Have you been out that way? It is quite the drive per the guy who told me. Perhaps as much as 15 miles. One way. Theres an old quarry at the target area. I used to shoot out at the Walker Valley Off Road Riding Area but lost it maybe 5 or 7 years ago. Until I got my Mosin Nagant I mainly shot 22 and 12G. I would like to train with my rifle out to 200-300 yards if possible. I am not a young man tho. Give me a shout on a PM.
        [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Welcome from Snohomish County! I frequent Kesselring's, and regularly attend the Monroe WAC Shows and the one at the Skagit Fairgrounds. This is a nice place, good folks and lots to learn/share. I also like to send 'em long in a variety of calibers.
          God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Welcome from the dry side...a former Spokane, Yakima and Asotin County guy...now in Tennessee!
            Not a lot of need for a distance shooter down here, but I still have them, and love them!

BTW, noname762, I like your sig line...funny.

Comment

Re: newbies in general

Not to take anything away from this site cuz I firmly believe this is a dandy...Mostly I hang out at AWellRegulatedMilitia.org or .net or something.Since I am a WA dude I like OpenCarry.org too. WA is an "open carry" state. Since I prefer to "fly under the radar" I CC 24/7. I don't need any heat from 'The Man'. Especially since I believe most cops are 'law/regulation enforcers' NOT Peace Officers. Do NOT believe what you were told as a child...a cop IS NOT your friend.I have been learning alot lately on OC.O. To learn more I would reccomend those sites.But the gist of it is this: if you're out walking and OC you are not required to show ID. You do not have to talk to a cop. He will take your gun and run a "make" on it. When it comes up 'not stolen' he has to return it to you. As I said if you are not driving you do not have to show a drivers license. You DO NOT need any kind of license or permit to carry openly. The sheep are afraid when they see you carry openly a holstered firearm. Chances are good they will narc you out. That is what sheep do best. Run, call 911 and hide. Check out AWRM and OCDOTORG. You will be glad you did.
              [B]Grumpy Old Fart [/B][IMG]http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/core/images/smilies/graemlins/050.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Re: newbies in general

This web site and those who facilitate it's operation were kind enough to host AWRM a few years back when their whole site went down and stayed down for a stretch. It's a great site, too.
                God,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                X