Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possessed computer - program auto closing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possessed computer - program auto closing.

Been acting strange on a program. I got Adobe Acrobat 8 which is the one that someone pointed out is now free. Anyway all of sudden it will just close itself for nor reason. I can open a pdf file and then about 7 seconds it will close. Any ideas why this is happening?
    Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Re: Possessed computer - program auto closing.

sounds like it is crashing.
    check the logs.
    Both system and application

Google windows <version> check logs for instructions.
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Checked both the system and app logs under windows logs and do not see anything there. I reran acrobat and it still closed after 7 seconds but nothing showed for that time stamp. I feel it has to be something with the program but I do not know what.
      Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
      Patrick Henry

Comment

Update: I seem to have fixed it. I went to the uninstall program with the intention of reinstalling it. It gave me the option to repair so did that. It then went into what looked like a re installation of the program. When it first opened a screen asking if I wanted a e-License? So said yes and it downloaded that whatever it is and now seems to be working, or at least has not auto closed. What is a e license? When downloaded it said I would not have to do it again. Do not know if it will stop working in the future or not.
        Patrick Henry

Comment

Working...
        X