Computer Fried..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Fried..........

After only 5 years!!! I am now on a 25 year old computer. Hell.........the thing is slower than I am!!!! BUT.........it still works!

So what is up with the new ones? The Chinese phuking us over? The new ones just run so hot now..........they just burn out quicker???

My old one is still running fine.........but the new ones just don't seem to last that long anymore.......??????

I want ANSWERS!!!! The new ones are a LOT of money!!! But I LOVE speed!

So every 3 to 6 years..............I need to shell out a grand, for a new PC.........????? Something is royally wrong with this!!

Last edited by Led; December 23rd, 2019, 14:33.
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Using a "very" (wife says) laptop here. I know her desktop is 10 years old, mine is around 8-9. You probably spew your coffee over yours too often. Gotta check what you are reading that causes that.

RR
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

I have but one person on my ignore list. Can you guess who it is?

Comment

Well.........MAYBE a beer or two on the keyboard.............!!!

But THAT won't fry a CPU though, I DID go into BIOS and switched to MAX performance............even though I probably don't need it............

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

My old Gateway has given me 8+ solid years with just 1 issue where a computer tech came to my place and 15-20m later my PC was purring right along. Unfortunately it has Windows 7. Good ole Billy Gates in his infinite stupidity or greed will pull the plug on Win 7 updates Jan. 20 2020. Right now I'm on my relatively new Dell Laptop.. Now all I need is a padded laptop carry bag for all the accessories I load up when I go somewhere with it.
        Grumpy Old Fart http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/cor...emlins/050.gif

Comment

Working...
        X