How do I upgrade my graphics driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I upgrade my graphics driver?

I'm having issue on occasion with Zwift, the cycling training program I run for my indoor rides. Every so often I'll be two hours into a ride and the screen will freeze up, and the laptop becomes unresponsive. The only way around this is to restart the laptop. I contacted Zwift and forwarded the program logs and computerspecs .txt files. They came back and said the problem is that my graphics drivers are out of date, and that downloading the latest version of my chipset should solve the problem.

The thing is ... I have no idea how to do this. I'm not even sure what these graphics drivers are.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Wood Devil; December 13, 2016, 10:24.
    [FONT=Impact][SIZE=20px]TRUST NO ONE -- QUESTION EVERYTHING [/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: How do I upgrade my graphics driver?

Search for Driver Booster 4.1

It's free and tech recommended. It will not only update your graphics driver, but any driver that is out of date that there is an updated driver.

I've been using this for several years. No spyware, no adware. It's clean.
    [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Well?
      [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

Comment

Sorry Walter, I lost track of this thread and forgot I posted it.

Thanks for this, though. I'm going to look into it. I tried to download the intel update but I didn't like what the messages on the screen were telling me. Something about my drives being custom from the manufacturer, which would be Toshiba. It was saying that downloading might mess things up. Essentially I got scared and said F it.

But yeah, I'm definitely going to look into this Drive Booster.

Thanks.

Comment

Hmmm...

Perhaps the Pro version?

http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php

Think it makes a difference?

Comment

I use the free version. It will tell you there are a few more updates with the Pro version but it's BS. It will download and update anything out of date that there is a replacement for.

Comment

Wood, you could just go to Toshiba's website and search for your model and drivers then download and install the latest update for your model and graphics card. Not that hard and some will give you an auto search for updates option (note it downloads a web control piece (with prompts to install) and then scans your system for required/recommended updates. You then can see if there are any additional updates to drivers that you might need.
              "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
              [URL]http://survivalblog.com[/URL]
              MOLON LABE!
              AC0XV

Comment

Working...
              X