Any advice,,yahoo newsfeeds lock up my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice,,yahoo newsfeeds lock up my computer

When it happens a block pops up asking if I want to continue, fix or stop plugin, none of which do anything. I have to manually turn off computer and restart every stinking time. These lockups occur EVERY time, there has to be something wrong somewhere. I should have plenty memory to run just about anything so I don't think thats the cause.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Any advice,,yahoo newsfeeds lock up my computer

I get the same thing and haven't found a cure for it yet. I know that doesn't help...but at least you know you're not alone.
    arkyboy
    I\'d rather dial 1911!

Comment

Which os which browser?
      VERITAS VINCIT
      A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Sorry, forgot to check back...I use Firefox mainly, not tried Chrome.
        "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
        The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

make sure your on the latest version of firefox and adobe flash is up to date.
          make sure and deselect the spam it wants to install with it:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
          VERITAS VINCIT
          A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Yahoo Finance will lock my 'puter up both here and at work. At work, I'm running IE and Heaven only knows what version of anything.

Here at home I run Firefox and am updated on everything at least every week or so. It don't seem to matter.

I say a few choice words at it, close the program in Program Manager, restart, and go on.

It seems to be all I can do.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
            X