Microsoft Stepped On Their........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Stepped On Their........

......you-know-what with golf shoes. They released a Windows 7 security update on April 10 that snuck through QC. The most common symptom, if it's adversely affecting your system, is that it forces a "check disk" on every boot-up.

According to my company's IT guru, here's how you get rid of it:

"1. Open windows control panel.
    2. Click “Programs”.
    3. Click “Programs and Features”.
    4. On the left, click the link “View Installed updates”.
    5. Scroll the window down to the section for “Microsoft Windows”.
    6. Look for “Security Update for Windows 7… (KB2823324)”. It was released on 4/10/2013, so it should be near the top of that section.
    7. Right-click that update and choose uninstall.

You’ll have to reboot after that. Your PC may do one last ChkDsk upon boot, but problem should be solved after."
    Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Re: Microsoft Stepped On Their........

I've had tons of trouble with updates recently. Been so bad that I have all my work files backed up to 2 flash drives.

Comment

I just did the suggested actions. I had not noticed any problems, but I don't reboot very often.

flashguy
      [FONT=Arial]When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." [/FONT]

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

It happens from time to time. I recall a couple of times that antivirus companies put out signature updates that identified important operating system files as malware and put them into quarantine. The results weren't good.

At work we have a "food taster" system to try updates on first to see what breaks.

Comment

I noticed this chkdisc problem when installing other software. The OS wanted to perform this and I had not scheduled it. I thought, "cool" now I don't have to schedule this every time I want to check the disc for errors.
          [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Working...
          X