Seagate 2 TB Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagate 2 TB Drive

I bought a new Seagate external drive to back up and image my laptop HD.

No more worries.

2TB should keep me fixed up for awhile.
    [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Re: Seagate 2 TB Drive

Excellent idea.

There is a free program from Microsoft that allows backup or syncing of files and/or folders. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=15155

It can be automated with Windows Task Scheduler if you want an automatic daily or weekly, or whatever, backup without having to do a whole drive image as often.

I used it for a couple of years and never had any problems after I finally got it set up how I wanted.

Comment

I have been using window 7 automatic backup but it takes a enormous amount of disc space. I am only using 250Gb drive and each backup take about a 120 Gbts so after only a couple of backups it is full and I have to delete the oldest backup. This only backing up the C drive and admin librarys. What really needs to be back up since this it taking so much space? I am new to 7 so have not played with it all that much.
      Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
      Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

Same here. I've been using XP for over a decade. I skipped every version (with a short exception for Vista thanks to Noland, and a trial Win 8 version) until Win7.

I need to do some digging, but I'd like to specify the maximum amount of backups saved (regardless of size) and have Win 7 delete the oldest backup before backing up an new image.

Noland thanks for the link. I'm going to check that out.

On an unrelated note, I tried using Windows Easy Transfer for the first time. What a joke. After eight hours of transfer the green bar had moved about an 1/8" for a 24.7GB transfer. I aborted the transfer and just grabbed the file folders from the computer via the home network. I was finished in 15 minutes.

I guess 'Easy Transfer' is for those with several days on their hands and don't have a home network.
        [I]Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command[/I]

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Working...
        X