Cannot set up home network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot set up home network

I am having a hard time setting up a home network. Both computers are running xp home sp3. Using the network setup wizard one of the computer will show in the workgroup itself and the other computer but cannot connect to the other computer. Using the network setup wizard on the second computer it goes through the process but when I look in the network neighborhood it only will show the workgroup but not the computer. I do not know what happened that one would setup and the other not. Both computer go through a hub and connect to the internet through a DSL router that is also connected to the hub. Any suggestions why I cannot get the second computer to make a connection?
    Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Re: Cannot set up home network

shut off windows firewall.
    shut off any third party firewalls.
    That is the most common problem.
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Re: Cannot set up home network

That must have been what was wrong. I shut down both xp firewall and zone alarm and it connected. I have since configured zone alarm to allow the computers to connect. Thanks.
      Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
      Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

Working...
      X