zone alarm blocking 192.168.1.124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zone alarm blocking 192.168.1.124

I have been fiddling around getting two computers networked and that might be causing this problem. I keep getting a zone alarm security alert that it is "blocking internet access to 192.168.1.124 (NetBIOS Session) from you computer" I have been unable to find that address on either computer. Either I do not know where to look or it is not on the computers. I am running XP SP3 on both computers and going thru a linksys router to internet. Anyone know what this address is or where I can look to find it. Thanks.
    Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Re: zone alarm blocking 192.168.1.124

Hey there. Any IP starting with 192.168 is going to be local to your home network and assigned out by the Linksys. Try logging into the Linksys (usually 192.168.1.1 in your browser) and looking for a "status" page or generally, a page that shows what devices on your network are connected, and with which IPs. If you have a shared printer in your home, the printer might have this IP.

Tell me what your model number is on your Linksys, and I may be able to give you better directions on logging in and viewing the devices.

Comment

Re: zone alarm blocking 192.168.1.124

Okay I found that it is the IP of one of the computers. Now I have a problem adding this IP as a trusted site to the zone alarm. When I open zone alarm 8.0 all I get is a blank page. I guess this is a bug with them since a lot of people have the same problem. Anyone know how to get zone alarm 8.0 to open so I can configure it?
      Last edited by ah1g; January 23, 2010, 10:39.
      Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
      Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

Working...
      X