Trojan.Downloader.Small.AAQR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan.Downloader.Small.AAQR

Bitdefender keeps notifying me with an alert that a virus was blocked: Trojan.Downloader.Small.AAQR

It was accessed by svhost.

Location is C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\tmp .edb

Bitdefender claims that it could not disinfenct, delete or quarantine this item. Access to this object has been denied.

What does this mean? When I run a scan, nothing is detected. But I keep getting this pop-up alert. I've just sent an e-mail to Bitdefender, and am waiting on their reply.

Does anyone know what this is, or how can I remedy this situation?
    [FONT=Impact][SIZE=20px]TRUST NO ONE -- QUESTION EVERYTHING [/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Trojan.Downloader.Small.AAQR

you likely have another virus that is trying to install that one.
    Reboot into safe mode and run a scan.
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Originally posted by strmrdr View Post
      you likely have another virus that is trying to install that one.
      Reboot into safe mode and run a scan.
      When I reboot in Safe Mode, Bit Defender won't operate.

When I type in the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\tmp .edb, the computer can't find it. It can't even locate C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. I can't find it on my system.

Bit Defender Antivirus runs but does not detect it during a scan, but it is Bit Defender that keep "Blocking" the thing.

Neither Comodo Firewall or Maleware Bytes reports of detects a thing.

Could it be a false positive? I notice no performance issues with the computer.

Still waiting on BitDefender's response.

Comment

Actually, reviewing my Antivirus logs and Windows Update history, the first mention (or alert) of this "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\tm p .edb" came in about ten minutes before Windows Auto Downloaded a "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 (KB976325).

What's up with that?

Comment

Working...
        X