RAM..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM..............

I have 4GB's Of RAM.......and my computer used to "recognize" all four 1GB cards........

Until I did a re-format. Now it is recognizing only 3.3GB's.....what is up with that??? If I "lost" a card somehow, why would it still be over 3GB's??

Somewhat puzzled by this......any idea's???
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Re: RAM..............

What kind of OS are you using?

Comment

If you are using 32 bit Vista, the difference is probably that you haven't put service pack 1 back on after your reinstall.

SP 1 changed the way Vista displays system memory.
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605/en-us

Comment

Originally posted by Noland View Post
        If you are using 32 bit Vista, the difference is probably that you haven't put service pack 1 back on after your reinstall.

SP 1 changed the way Vista displays system memory.
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605/en-us

Guess what....a couple days after my reformat, service pack 1 was waiting to be downloaded, which I did.....

Now it DOES recognize all 4 GB's........... I'm still not sure why (the link was like trying to read Norwegian to me!), but THAT is why there are the "Led's" of the World asking the question's, and the "Noland's" of the World answering them!!!!

This Man knows what He is talking about!!!!
        Last edited by Led; October 30, 2009, 16:45.
        And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Working...
        X