Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7

Fellas.

The Hippy wants to get Windows 7 for her brother.
    I am looking around the net and so far it seems good but I have read a lot about probs with new windows OSs before.

What do you fellas think of Windows 7?
    Any problems?

karl
    Karl

[url]http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/[/url]

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Re: Windows 7

depends on how old the computer is.
    Its an upgrade from vista but takes more resources than xp.
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

Originally posted by strmrdr View Post
      depends on how old the computer is.
      Its an upgrade from vista but takes more resources than xp.
      But LESS than Vista itself.....is what I have been hearing........

Being the adventurous type, I have been thinking of beta testing it.....

I LOVE Vista believe it or not......if 7 is better...........why not??

Here are the requirements of your computer........
      (1) CPU of at LEAST 1 GHz
      (2) Two GB RAM
      (3) 20 GB free space on hard drive for 64 bit Windows 7...........................
      Last edited by Led; October 25, 2009, 19:42.
      And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Change in plans Folks!!!

Instead of purchasing W7.......I threw in a few more bucks and got mee-self a 23" monitor instead...........

WOW!!! AW looks absolutely GORGEOUS on a 23" screen!!!!!

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

Originally posted by kARL View Post
          Fellas.

The Hippy wants to get Windows 7 for her brother.
          I am looking around the net and so far it seems good but I have read a lot about probs with new windows OSs before.

What do you fellas think of Windows 7?
          Any problems?

karl
          It worked great for me; faster start up and shut down. Then I messed up the computer. Now nothing works right. Time to bring it back for a refund.
          [FONT=Impact][SIZE=20px]TRUST NO ONE -- QUESTION EVERYTHING [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

We need a big Hillary picture to put Led's new monitor to the test.

Comment

Actually....a lot of formats I found, don't look all that great on such a big screen.

You tubes are one. Normally, they look great. But on "full screen".........NOT so good!!! My screen is a lot better than the "uploads" from You-tube.........have kept up!!

So.......iffn' you are going to put up a "Hitlery Pic" for me...............it had better be in HD AND able to fill a large screen......without being blurry!

NOT looking forward to it.......but it IS "Halloween Weekend" afterall!!!

Comment

My guru friends have been beta testing Win 7.

Thjey love it! Much better than Vista ! Faster, less a recourse hog, less crappy useless pop ups.
                Ahab

Comment

I have heard that if you have Vista., Microsquish will free upgrade to 7. Any truth in that?
                  Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
                  Patrick Henry

The laws allow arms to be taken against an armed foe. Ovid

Comment

Originally posted by ah1g View Post
                    I have heard that if you have Vista., Microsquish will free upgrade to 7. Any truth in that?
                    If you bought the machine since June 26, 2009 then it may qualify for a free upgrade. Check with the manufacturer if you think it qualifies.

Comment

Free yourself from the tyranny of Microsoft.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Comment

Actually, I've been using it for a few weeks, now, and I think it's a marked improvement. I'm not going to say they finally got it write, but it's pretty good, with no glitches thus far that I've noticed. Fast start up, fast shut down, near instant hibernation. Good to go.
                        [FONT=Impact][SIZE=20px]TRUST NO ONE -- QUESTION EVERYTHING [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                        X