Won't detect HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't detect HDD

Someone on another forum suggested that the power supply may be failing on my computer.At his suggestion, I unplugged the CD drive and zip drive. I started the computer back up and it wouldn't detect the HDD. I plugged everything back in and it still won't. I've double checked all connections and they are ok. I plugged in my old HDD and it won't detect it either. I'm at a complete loss. I've checked the caps on the MB and find nothing suspicious there. I'm using my wife's computer to post this.
    \"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.\" -George Mason

Re: Won't detect HDD

try a different cable
    check the jumpers on the drive
    VERITAS VINCIT
    A CRUCE SALUS

Comment

The HDD is on a cable by itself, plugged into IDE1 on the MB and is set as master. I tried a different cable, then the old HDD, which is still good. The computer won't recognize either hard drive. It does recognize the CD, floppy and ZIP drives.
      Last edited by TriggerM44; September 26, 2009, 21:53.
      \"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.\" -George Mason

Comment

I'm running again. I had to clear the CMOS, then it saw the HDD again. I guess unhooking the other drives messed it up somehow. I've never has a problem like this unhooking drives before.

Comment

Well, it ran for about 30 minutes, locked up and then wouldn't recognize the HDD, again. I went and bought another CPU and am now in the process of transferring files from the old HDD to the new one.

Comment

Working...
          X