It's ANZAC Day to-day, 102yrs on.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ANZAC Day to-day, 102yrs on.....

Basically ANZAC Day in Australia/New Zealand is the same as Memorial Day in USA. Very popular still and seems to have increasing support these troubled days.

The 25th April was actual date of the doomed Allied landings at Gallipoli in Turkey, that country being allied with Kaiser's Germany in WW1, in 1915 Russia was with the Allies. [Winston Churchill resigned over the pre-signalled attack. He later gave the opinion that it was the worst defeat ever.... until Dunkirk.]

With the 'muslim terrorist threat' hanging over us all, it is also day for national support & remembrance of our war dead from NZ and Oz and those still suffering from all conflicts before and since.

Having the Nth Korea flash-point in mind, a nuclear war is always a possibility. So with no disrespect meant to anyone or any country, I post this old favourite from the Aussie band 'Men at Work' from 1983:-

Men At Work - It's a Mistake - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0AxrOUJ62E

BB
    There is no Spring without Winter, without Mistakes there is no Learning. There is no Life without Death, without Doubts there is no Faith. There is no Peace without War, without Fear there is no Courage. For without Mistakes, Doubts and Fears there are no pathways to Wisdom.
    Ron Owen.

Re: It's ANZAC Day to-day, 102yrs on.....

Working on the Minuteman II ICBM weapon system when this song came out, it was very pertinent to all of us missileers at the time.

Most people I knew then were crazy about this band including me. And I still am.

I had about a four month e-mail dialog with Colin Hay back around 2006. We talked mostly about their early days, recording techniques, and what he had been doing since Men at Work with the original members.

He is very much a Gentleman.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Re: It's ANZAC Day to-day, 102yrs on.....

ANZAC Day
      Brave men.
      karl
      Karl

http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Comment

Working...
      X