Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sydney Siege, the truth starts trickling out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Siege, the truth starts trickling out?

Just an up-date for our overseas friends and supporters:-

http://www.smh.com.au/national/marti...29-131ejb.html

[I wondered why the police sharp-shooter with obviously such a clear view at under 50M range wasn't allowed to head-shoot Monas when he could....]

BB
    There is no Spring without Winter, without Mistakes there is no Learning. There is no Life without Death, without Doubts there is no Faith. There is no Peace without War, without Fear there is no Courage. For without Mistakes, Doubts and Fears there are no pathways to Wisdom.
    Ron Owen.

Re: Sydney Siege, the truth starts trickling out?

Why ? IF he did that, he may have hurt him!

Karl

Yes, the west has gone stark raving mad....pu88ywhipped I think.
    Karl

http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Comment

The reason why the NSW police snipers didn't shoot Monis is because the windows of the Lindt Café in Martin Place were bulletproof due to the café being built in an old bank building.

P.S. There's reports that the NSW Police Tactical Response Group's use of the M4A1 carbine in the Lindt Café siege was unnecessary and that they should have used the Heckler & Koch MP5 to take down Monis.
      If you want peace then prepare for war - Ancient Roman maxim

Comment

RNJ, There were certainly a lot of high-powered projectiles wizzing around and shedding their jackets inside the Lindt café. So I am surprised and pleased that so few patrons in the café were un-injured by the police wiz-bang blasts and/or M16 variant ricochets/bullet shrapnel. [Perhaps there were more injuries than we are being told about at the moment.....?]

I take your point over the MP5 in 9mm being more suitable in this situation as regards the lower possibility of over-penetration and less deformation/frags in enclosed spaces. But I guess the squad always had the option of using their .40S&W Glocks, rather than hi-powered .223/5.56mm rifles?

I am still not completely sure if any old bank "bullet proof" glass would have kept out what the police have available to them nowadays, as regards calibre and armour piercing-type projectiles. But I am certainly no expert on ballistic questions and accept that this could have been a major factor in police marksmen not shooting Monas before he lost patience and started shooting (the owner first)- so he was "taken seriously". I feel the escapes by some of the patrons must have annoyed him as well.

An isolated incident IMO - but I feel worse is to come if foreign fighters are allowed to come back from M/East to Oz and organise an attack that will be far more deadly and better organised than Monas' amateurish effort.
        There is no Spring without Winter, without Mistakes there is no Learning. There is no Life without Death, without Doubts there is no Faith. There is no Peace without War, without Fear there is no Courage. For without Mistakes, Doubts and Fears there are no pathways to Wisdom.
        Ron Owen.

Comment

Perhaps the Aus Reg Army/SAS etc would be better practiced in this type of hostage/terrorist situation - not the NSW police?

Just a thought......
          Ron Owen.

Comment

Sure the AUS SAS could do a better job..if the pols gave them a free hand.
            But I can just see the Headline.
            AUS commando cuts down repressed islamic activist during protest?
            Would they have sent the SAS if the activist had been a white christian????

karl
            Karl

http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Comment

Working...
            X