Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason Magazine article on Sen. David Leyonhjelm

G'day everybody,

Here's a great write-up on Senator David Leyonhjelm of the Liberal Democratic Party by Reason Magazine.

Check it out...

http://reason.com/archives/2014/08/1...hjelm-attempts

In light of the recent Greens-led Senate inquiry on illegal handguns (and Leyonhjelm's involvement and "batting for us" in the inquiry), I take pride that we have somebody like Leyonhjelm in the Senate. I even heard that Leyonhjelm also tore Roland Browne of Gun Control Australia a new one on multiple occasions during the inquiry
    If you want peace then prepare for war - Ancient Roman maxim

Re: Reason Magazine article on Sen. David Leyonhjelm

Yes RNJ - I agree he is doing a good job for us and Australia too.

This is the 3rd and (finally) successful try for him for the Federal Senate after acrimoniously splitting from the old Shooters' Party.

I was a booth-worker for him locally in his unsuccessful second try. A huge parcel of HTVs came to my house at short notice on delivery truck and I distributed them to all our shooting clubs -often only just with hours to spare before polling day.

His lucky position first on the ballot-paper and the name of his party(Liberal Dem) meant he received many "donkey" and mistaken votes.

So unless he does exceptionally well and become popular (and he might) he may only be a one-term senator - but of course retire on $80,000+ per year for life.

Personally I would like to see the Shooters and Fishers Party get a couple of seats in Canberra, as per our NSW State Parliament - but wish him well anyway.
    There is no Spring without Winter, without Mistakes there is no Learning. There is no Life without Death, without Doubts there is no Faith. There is no Peace without War, without Fear there is no Courage. For without Mistakes, Doubts and Fears there are no pathways to Wisdom.
    Ron Owen.

Comment

Re: Reason Magazine article on Sen. David Leyonhjelm

Originally posted by Big Bunny View Post
      Yes RNJ - I agree he is doing a good job for us and Australia too.

This is the 3rd and (finally) successful try for him for the Federal Senate after acrimoniously splitting from the old Shooters' Party.

I was a booth-worker for him locally in his unsuccessful second try. A huge parcel of HTVs came to my house at short notice on delivery truck and I distributed them to all our shooting clubs -often only just with hours to spare before polling day.

His lucky position first on the ballot-paper and the name of his party(Liberal Dem) meant he received many "donkey" and mistaken votes.

So unless he does exceptionally well and become popular (and he might) he may only be a one-term senator - but of course retire on $80,000+ per year for life.

Personally I would like to see the Shooters and Fishers Party get a couple of seats in Canberra, as per our NSW State Parliament - but wish him well anyway.
      Big Bunny,

I for one doubt that Leyonhjelm got in on just the "donkey vote" alone. There are a considerable number of libertarians in Australia nowadays (and that number is growing as more and more Australians are becoming disillusioned by the two major parties and the Greens).

In light of recent events in Sydney (as well as the erosion of individual liberty in Australia in general since 1996), we need people like David Leyonhjelm and the LDP more than ever.
      If you want peace then prepare for war - Ancient Roman maxim

Comment

Working...
      X