Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB , Jase..I just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV5nbOGRu3Y

A small thank you for going to battle with us.

karl
    Karl

http://grrrscave.blogspot.com/

Keep those e-mails and calls to your Congress people coming.

Re: BB , Jase..I just found this

I was thinking of your history. If I had not been born in the USA, I would have been honored to been born in Australia.

karl
    Karl

Comment

Thanks Karl, I wish we could do more against ISIS and help the US there.

More of our Muslim youth(4 brothers) off last week to join ISIS.
      Aussie AFP and C&BC unable to stop them.
      Their family says they are not in favour of their actions.

Clever ISIS propaganda and tweets & 'Facebook' etc., are winning them more and more new converts to this 'death cult' every day here.

What we need is some of the ISIS fighter/volunteers to be able to return to Oz - then they can tell our Muslim youth the horrid truth behind their exploits. The truth....not extreme propaganda.

I think these young Muslims are after glory, excitement, riches and women as sex-slaves - as well as a chance to be being a martyr/hero.

But the truth can be far different..........
      There is no Spring without Winter, without Mistakes there is no Learning. There is no Life without Death, without Doubts there is no Faith. There is no Peace without War, without Fear there is no Courage. For without Mistakes, Doubts and Fears there are no pathways to Wisdom.
      Ron Owen.

Comment

I think these young Muslims are after glory, excitement, riches and women as sex-slaves - as well as a chance to be being a martyr/hero.
        BB

I think that you are correct and they see it as the restoration of Islam.
        Our pols are too busy with PC ism to act and will not any one else to.
        I suspect that a lot are on the payroll of OPEC

This is going to get interesting....stock up.

karl
        Karl

Comment

My nickle-plated 10Lb shot-tub from USA has been cleared at last (seen as an 'ammunition component' and thus needing a 3 page application form and a B609A certificate from the Firearms registry) by CBC/AFP at Mascot and I hope it will arrive some time next week.

Also my 411 Beretta is due too...............reloading for it I think will happen soon.....!
          BB
          There is no Spring without Winter, without Mistakes there is no Learning. There is no Life without Death, without Doubts there is no Faith. There is no Peace without War, without Fear there is no Courage. For without Mistakes, Doubts and Fears there are no pathways to Wisdom.
          Ron Owen.

Comment

Glad to see things are working out.
            Have they banned lead shot down there as well?
            karl
            Karl

Comment

No Karl, lead is still OK for trap and pests.

I have heaps left and even a NZ-made shot-maker in the loft......

Duck hunting was effectively banned in NSW from mid-1990s - except on the rice-cropping areas down south or under a DPI destruction permit state-wide.

I sold my 12Ga SxS Sabatti and bought a Beretta 411E recently.Picking it up tomorrow with PTA(police FAR permit to acquire).

Also I found a Jap WW2 katana officers' sword with some interesting calligraphy under the leather flap. I must post a pic of it and see what it says - if anyone can read Japanese on A/Web!
              Ron Owen.

Comment

Hello BB.
                You may well have also found a very good Christmas.
                I have read of some old well to do Japanese families paying very well and happy to get the old katana back home.
                You may want to look that up if you have an odd hour.
                karl
                Karl

Comment

Well Karl, I feel war trophies should stay where they are.

They are some history you can touch- after all!

I don't think this is a family heirloom-type, just a private purchase by a junior WW2 Jap officer.

There are a lot of very good modern Chinese copies for under $100AUD available. Even cheapies for under $50 with plastic scabbards look pretty good from a distance for wall-hanger/display purposes.

But what you say is true - many swords have been repatriated [free] from my local area as part of our sister-city Japan cementation. Forgot the name...hmmm...possibly something like Tanaka Hamada?

I found all of the Imperial Army-issue NCO katanas are pretty trashy, with alloy handles, steel scabbards, etc. I saw one for $1K AUD from a big militaria dealer and the same/identical one (the Nos were the same!) from them on E-Bay for $1.5K. [A "nice little +30% earner" for someone....]

I would still like to translate and find what the 8 tiny lines of Japanese characters mean. They were well written in fine black pen & ink and also very carefully done indeed. Very artistic for a weapon - perhaps it was just his name/number/unit in case of loss or mix-up?

[I hope it isn't a curse on all Aussies - shades of Tutenkarmen!?]

Ooroo - BB
                  Ron Owen.

Comment

Working...
                  X