No announcement yet.

Depending on what you want to shoot....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depending on what you want to shoot....

There's still ammo available.

AIM has 9x18. They got some more Privi 10mm in this week, and I've got some of that coming in. They also have Privi 6.5 Swede, which I'm probably going to get some more of too.

All you have to do is be able to shoot most everything, and even when the 9x19 and .45ACP dries up, there will be stuff that you will use.

I roll my own 9mm and .45ACP anyway, and I've got everything I need to keep myself in those for a couple of years or better.

But I was getting down to the short rows on 9x18, in that I probably only had 1500 rounds in hand. I fixed that little thing.

$11/box for 9x18 bothered me for a while, but I should have bought a couple more of those cans of 2400 rounds of the EG surplus for $249 delivered.....But I didn't, and I've only got a couple hundred of that left.

Oh, well. I am still getting ammo that I will shoot, so it's all good.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Re: Depending on what you want to shoot....

Have you seen the prices of 22lr lately? On gunbroker its going for upwards of 50-$100 for 500 round bulk packs! I had a passing though of selling some of my stash, but quickly talked myself out of it.
    Enoch Powell was right!

Comment

I rotated out some of my oldest .22LR ammo last week, and shot some of it. Oh, it was over 30 years old, I kid you not!! Still had the store label with price on it. Still worked fine!! Ammo cans with dessicant pacs. Given that I'd bought a substantial lot of .22 from a friend here on AWEB last Summer, I decided to shoot the oldest.
      Then went to a friends and shot some 5.56 and 40 S&W I'd rolled about 13 yrs ago. Then some shotgun shells I'd just bought.

I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to, simly because the last few years, I'd decided I need to acquire more, and hold on to it. Practice is still the key to accuracy, but mantain your stores!!
      Last edited by Iowegan; March 10th, 2013, 21:24.
      “Corruptissima republica plurimae leges,”
      “The more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws.”

Publius Cornelius Tacitus
      Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

I get most of my ammo the old fashioned way.....I MAKE it!

Comment

But there ARE other milsurp ammos out there you can buy packed in spam cans. 7.62 Nagant, 7.62X25, etc.

Comment

Just for the record, the Privi 10mm is way less than impressive. It chrono'd at about 1050 FPS average, which is pretty wimpy for 10mm, IMO.

The 9x18, though, shoots just like pretty much all Russian 9x18 does. We didn't chrono any of it, but it feels right, and hits where I aim it out to 20 yards or thereabouts, which is what I expect it to do.

They sold out of 6.5 Swede before I got an order in, dadgumit!

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
            X