Chinese 7.62x39 ammo copper washed ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese 7.62x39 ammo copper washed ammo

I picked up a 1200 rd wood case of lead core "china Sports" copper washed steel case 7.62x39? It's packed in 20 rd styrofoam/paper boxes. The ammo is headstamped 31 and 93 (factory and year made)

I'm not sure what the going price is for this stuff these days, but I got the guy down to $180 (15 cents/rd) on a coin toss.

I know I did well on it, but I think I did really well. I really liked shooting the Chinese ammo back when it was cheap and common. It's accurate and reliable.

I'm excited!

Re: Chinese 7.62x39 ammo copper washed ammo

Better than the Russian stuff we have now, especially since Barnaul seems to has vanished. If its been stored properly, you got one heck a deal at $3.00 per box. Here, Wolf crap runs $4.99 plus tax which puts it near $5.40 for twenty. Hang on to it, you may need it one fine day.....
    Last edited by paintballmagnet; January 27th, 2012, 12:53.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

You got a killer deal. It may or may not be steel core. The steel core match grade stuff came in spam cans on SKS stripper clips only IIRC but sometimes it was unpacked and commercially boxed, I think in green boxes. The yellow box Norinco stuff was non-steel core but still good ammo.
      Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Comment

The steel core I had was packaged in yellow boxes.

Good find, ISC!
        In a corrupt society, the truth can be found in what is forbidden to say.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post
          You got a killer deal. It may or may not be steel core. The steel core match grade stuff came in spam cans on SKS stripper clips only IIRC but sometimes it was unpacked and commercially boxed, I think in green boxes. The yellow box Norinco stuff was non-steel core but still good ammo.
          The Yellow box stuff was what Sling and I did our metallurgical examination on and found to be steel cored. (Mild steel. About 85 to 90 Rockwell B scale, IIRC.)

Any of the green box we checked was lead. That doesn't mean that it all was. I 'spect Norinco was stuffing whatever was going down the line that day into the boxes, and it may well vary from lot to lot.

But FWIW.....

Yeah. Very good buy, assuming that it hasn't been out in someone's shed in the backyard for the last 10 years getting hot all summer.
          Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
          X