Federal Flite Control 00 buckshot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Flite Control 00 buckshot.

I recently bought three boxes of this to see just how well it patterns from my shotguns. I didn't have enough shells to really do an in depth session, I/E shooting at various distances, yada-yada. I used three 18.5 inch shotguns, one improved cylinder, one cylinder bore and one that I had a modified tube installed. Not going into too much detail, across the board at 15 yards my patterns were approx 30% tighter with the Flite Control with no large open areas as I experienced with regular Remington, Federal and Winchester off the shelf buffered shot. I also fired several Fiocchi non buffered nickle plated 00 loads, these were a big disappointment, I'm not sure I'd trust them at 25 yards. I will buy more of the Flite Control shells, the Fiocchi I'll pass on.
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Re: Federal Flite Control 00 buckshot.

I often wonder how a shotgun would group with different barrels. Like if there is a significant difference in buckshot patterns between modified, imp cyc, and regular cyl bore. Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of aftermarket barrels with a modified bore. My dads 50 year old 870 has a fixed modified barrel and it does everything really well. Squirrel, deer, rabbit, anything.

Comment

With the 11/87 you "stole" from me, I fired that thing using IC, MOD, Full chokes at 25 yards, no choke tube stood out as being better than the other, it was capable of a clean miss at 25 yards! Shot sizes were 1,0,00. This is why I spent, at dealer cost. fifty bucks for a Kicks Industries Buckkicker choke tube. If you want that Remington to shoot Buck, either buy Fed Flite Control buckshot or a tube made for buckshot. Expect to pay around 80 bucks for the tube...AND it'll be worth every penny, will add at least a full ten yards to your effective range. The Kicks choke I had made the shotgun a 40-50 yard killer.
      "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"

Comment

Yeah I will put a $80 choke tube on my list. Don't tell me you didn't make some cash on that 4-wheeler. You should've asked more.

Comment

Yeah but its gone and you still have my shotgun! I'll let you make it up to me, trade you a Ruger SR9 for that pos M&P. At least the Ruger's fixed now and not going to break next time its fired!

Comment

Working...
          X