Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal and American Eagle .45 ACP Recall!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal and American Eagle .45 ACP Recall!

ATK, manufacturer of Federal and American Eagle ammunition has issued the following recall affecting certain lot numbers of their popular .45 Automatic ammunition:

FEDERAL and AMERICAN EAGLE 45 AUTO PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING
    Immediate Action Required

Certain lots of recently manufactured 45 Auto ammunition may contain an incorrect propellant charge. Use of product from these lots may result in firearm damage and possible serious injury.
    DO NOT USE PRODUCT FROM THE FOLLOWING LOTS:
    38X628 through 38X765
    and
    38T401 through 38T414

If you have in your possession any 45 Auto with the following brand names and part numbers, check to see if your ammunition package contains the above lots: American Eagle® (AE45A, AE45N1, or AE45A250), Champion™ (WM5233), GoldMedal® (GM45B), Hi-Shok® (45C, 45D) and Federal® Personal Defense® (C45C, C45D).
    Pictures illustrating location of S/N's in question at link.

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=6537

Be careful out there!
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Re: Federal and American Eagle .45 ACP Recall!

Well, I hope folks see this before they lose a hand or an eye or worse. I still have nightmares about the Winchester 5.56 recall during the Y2K panic, I was popping primers left and right, luckily my AR bolt didn't end up sticking in my head!
    "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
    The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
    X