Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romanian siver tip 7.62x54r

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A76254STR

I've been considering getting some of this stuff. I was really impressed by the Czech silver tip I got years ago, some of the best mosin ammo I ever shot. I also got some Romanian yellow tip years ago and it was some of the worst stuff I ever shot.

Does anyone have any experience or comment on this?

I have a generally good impression of Czech quality and generally poor impression of the products of Romanian industry. The more I write about it, the more I'm talking myself out of it.

Re: Romanian siver tip 7.62x54r

I had a can of it back about 10 years ago. It didn't impress me enough that I was keeping a lookout for more, but I don't recall having any problems with it, either.

In other words, it all went "bang" and the bullets hit pretty much where I was aiming them. Which is a whole lot more than I can say for the can of Albanian that I got somewhere around the same time frame. That stuff is on my list of things not to waste any more money on.
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
    X